Booking next cruise while on the ship

bugsokc

We are sailing the Magic in October and we are considering booking our next cruise while on board. I'm a planner and researcher by nature and like to know everything I can before making a decision. I am already researching the cruises we might take and will bring that info with me.

With that said, is there a standard perk for booking your next cruise while on board (e.g. specific OBC or discount)?

Is there anything to avoid?

Any other advice on this subject?

TIA!

Not all ships have the "Future Cruise" desk, but most do. If you're going to book aboard, it's best to have EVERYTHING ready ie: ship, date, cabin cat, and cabin # you'd prefer, price offered on line, etc., so that it's a quick easy operation to "git-r-done". Also, go EARLY in the cruise, as the future cruise desk gets REALLY busy later in the cruise, and you might have to wait in line for an extended period of time, if you wait.

Good luck, and enjoy that OBC on your Next Cruise! ;)

"SKY"

Not all ships have the "Future Cruise" desk, but most do. If you're going to book aboard, it's best to have EVERYTHING ready ie: ship, date, cabin cat, and cabin # you'd prefer, price offered on line, etc., so that it's a quick easy operation to "git-r-done". Also, go EARLY in the cruise, as the future cruise desk gets REALLY busy later in the cruise, and you might have to wait in line for an extended period of time, if you wait.

"SKY"

Especially important to know the price from the website before you go to the desk. Known to offer just a higher price.

Did they bring back the Future Cruise Certificate with the $100 OBC when you book on the boat? We were on the Magic last year and they said they were no longer doing that. We will be on next year and if they brought it back I would like to plan on doing it again...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Did they bring back the Future Cruise Certificate with the $100 OBC when you book on the boat? We were on the Magic last year and they said they were no longer doing that. We will be on next year and if they brought it back I would like to plan on doing it again...

No, a thing of the past. Wish they would bring them back.

They are history. I really do not want to book on a ship so in effect cost of cruise is 100 bucks higher now.

"SKY"

Thanks for the great advise! :D

I appreciate the information as I wondered about CCL future cruise options. I was thinking about purchasing a future option with Carnival but I do not wish to book. On NCL you pay a $100 deposit per person sharing a cabin and they give you $100 OBC. I like this because you have four years (4) to book your cruise. I sure wish Carnival had something similar.

Edited by Linda the Book Lover

We booked on our last cruise and the main problem I found (if booking a year out) is a reasonably strong possibility of an itinerary change. That happened to us before we even got off the boat. We were told we could change to a different cruise at no costs when we got home in order to save our on board credit. We called ta to change - initally carnival was charging the $50 per person fee but did eventually waive it. Just something to be aware of.

We booked on our last cruise and the main problem I found (if booking a year out) is a reasonably strong possibility of an itinerary change. That happened to us before we even got off the boat. We were told we could change to a different cruise at no costs when we got home in order to save our on board credit. We called ta to change - initally carnival was charging the $50 per person fee but did eventually waive it. Just something to be aware of.

Easiest way to avoid this problem is to start your booking off as past guest, then later when you are more certain you can change it to early saver.

Easiest way to avoid this problem is to start your booking off as past guest, then later when you are more certain you can change it to early saver.

We had a small problem with this on the cruise we booked last yesr. The one before this the change to early saver worked however it depends on the promotion at the time. This time it was half off on the deposit and $300 obc for a 7 day. when we tried to change to early saver we lost the extra $200 obc, we could only keep the normal $100 obc for booking on board. So check your info before as others have said to save you time at the counter.

Yes, booking Past Guest on board is the way to go. You have to flexibility to change to other rates including Early Saver. The Past Guest also can be changed or cancelled without a penalty. I have done it twice without a problem.:cool:

Yes, booking Past Guest on board is the way to go. You have to flexibility to change to other rates including Early Saver. The Past Guest also can be changed or cancelled without a penalty. I have done it twice without a problem.:cool:

I was told that booking under Past Guest, then changing to Early Saver or any other promotion once home, WOULD be possible at no loss -- HOWEVER I WOULD LOSE my OBC that I gained from booking on board...

Are you saying this is NOT true?? That you can change to a lower cost and still retain the OBC you got from booking on board????

I was told that booking under Past Guest, then changing to Early Saver or any other promotion once home, WOULD be possible at no loss -- HOWEVER I WOULD LOSE my OBC that I gained from booking on board...

Are you saying this is NOT true?? That you can change to a lower cost and still retain the OBC you got from booking on board????

The 2 times I changed my on board booking the OBC did transfer to the new booking without a problem. I did not book into Early Saver. I booked into a Resident Rate and the OBC did transfer. I did ask the Carnival reps that I booked while onbard and they were specific that you could transfer to another rate and the OBC will transfer including Early Saver. Each rate has its own rules so you have to make sure you are booking into a rate that will allow the OBC to transfer.

If you make a change, you will have to call into Customer Service so they will let you know for sure if the OBC transfers. Hopefully other people reply to this post to give you their experience.

Enjoy your cruise.:cool: