Should I cancel or just not show up?

Wilde_37

Ok, here it is

Summit, Nov 8 2014 Sailing

Aqua Class Cabin, A2

Booking for 2:

$1649 x 2 = $3,298 Cruise Fare (NCCF is part of this figure)

$68.92 x 2 taxes = $137.84

$3435.84 total or $1717.84 per person

Booking for 1:

$3,298 Cruise Fare (NCCF is part of this figure)

$68.92 x 1 taxes

$3366.92 total

Still Singles are paying the NCCF 2 times whereas a year ago I would have paid when the NCCF was charged as a separate fee and itemized out and billed only per sailing passenger (as taxes are now and were then), not included in the cabin fare directly (assuming the NCCF is $200 per passenger)

Booking for 2:

$1449 x 2 = $2898 cruise fare

$200 x 2 = $400 NCCF

$68.92 x 2 = $137.84 taxes

$3435.84 or $1717.84 per person - SAME AS THIS YEAR with the new pricing model

Booking for 1:

$2898 Cruise fare

$200 x 1 NCCF

$68.92 x 1 taxes

$3166.92
- $200 LESS THAN THIS YEAR with the new pricing model

X website would have displayed it though as:

$3098 Crusie Fare

$68.92 Taxes

$3166.92
Edited by cle-guy

I think a lot of the confusion here is about use of terms. The NCCF was previously called "port charges" and frequently was quoted separate from the "cruise fare". The government taxes and fees were then added to that to arrive at total amount due. At that time, only the cruise fare was charged twice to a solo. Now, the NCCF is rolled into the cruise fare and that total is quoted as the cruise fare. The taxes and government fees are added to the cruise fare for total amount due. Some people now are referring to the taxes and government fees as port charges. It is the NCCF (formerly called "port charges") which now seem to be charged twice to solos and were only charged once in the past. A number of years ago, we took my MIL on a cruise as a solo and we only paid double for the cruise fare - not the port charges - which at that time were listed separately. We also only paid the government taxes and fees once.

I think if everyone starts using the same terminology, there will be no disagreement in what is being charged twice and that it is a change in policy.

I must backtrack and say that those who are saying the NCCF have doubled for solos, are absolutely correct.

I always had a formula which amounted to $25 per night for the NCCF. My 9 night cruise coming up is now $450 for the NCCF where in the past, it would have been $225. (Just received the final invoice from my TA, and she always breaks out the NCCF and the T & F, and yup (!), thar she blows!) :eek:

Oh well. Celebrity has done an excellent job of making us think that we are just paying 200%, when in reality, it is more than that. :(

Interestingly enough, when I booked two future cruises while on board in April, the booking confirmation given to me by the Future Cruise Consultant actually broke out the NCCF!

Edited by gimletgal

Nice catch!

The trouble is that it is so inconsistent. When booking a solo cabin, most of the time it adds on the amount for taxes, fees and port expenses only once, but occasionally it doubles it and charges for two passengers instead of one..

I found that if I clear my cache and cookies and go back to try again later, it will usually drop back to the single passenger charge.

Those bugs that occur inconsistently are the hardest kind to fix.