Brisbane cruise terminal

How far into town is it from this terminal? I believe it is out a little ways, is it far from the CAT, I think that is the name of the ferry, that you cruise around through Brisbane and out to the koala zoo. Thanks so much for any info, will be on Dawn Princess September 2, 2014.

Portside cruise terminal is only a few hundred metres' walk from the CityCat stop.

The CityCat does NOT go to Lone Pine Koala Santuary. It only goes as far as the University which is a long way short of Lone Pine. I feel the best way to get to Lone Pine would be by taxi. If you are calling in to Brisbane for only one day, time is important to you. If you had more time you could go on a day trip on the Mirimar launch from its stop near the CBD, but you would have to get there on the CityCat. I know friends on one of our cruises last year considered this and we worked out that they would be rushing to get to the Mirimar in time for its once-a-day trip.

If you go to Lone Pine by taxi you can be finished there around lunch time, then catch another taxi for a sightseeing trip around Brisbane on the way back to the ship.

How far into town is it from this terminal? I believe it is out a little ways, is it far from the CAT, I think that is the name of the ferry, that you cruise around through Brisbane and out to the koala zoo. Thanks so much for any info, will be on Dawn Princess September 2, 2014.

G'day Debut,

You can use Public Transport to get to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, see http://translink.com.au/. Enter "Portside" as your start and "lone pine" as the end. Takes about 1 hour and 3 bus changes. :eek:

We are also on this cruise.:D

Are you aware that there is a roll call for this cruise? Here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1794146&page=17

Thanks for your info, yes I am aware of the roll call, have posted a few questions there as well. Getting mighty close now, hope to see you on board! We have been to Australia before and love your country. We are from the USA