Help Me Decide!

kayjo

Have cruised on Carnival, Costa, NCL, Royal, and Holland. Close to booking a cruise for next February, and trying to get the best bang for my buck- a group of 5 (4 adults and 1 child) and comparing prices etc. on three:

Carnival Breeze

Celebrity Silhouette

NCL Sun

Carnival is coming up as the cheapest, but Celebrity has the 123go package, so that is an incentive, NCL (from past experience) tends to nickel and dime you, but we really like that ship.

Any input would be appreciated...flying in from the Northeast, so need to consider that cost.

I think of Celebrity as more of a country club cruise. More formal, older passengers and a friend was turned away from the dining room because he wasn't wearing a jacket. You will see more tuxes on Celebrity than Carnival or NCL. It is a more formal ship, more formal passengers.

We do not like NCL's Freestyle dining at all. On April's cruise, NCL Sun, we asked to share a table and 4 nights we shared a table by ourselves, once we couldn't understand a tablemate from Scotland, another night 4 from England talking about their towns etc., same with two Canadian couples. We felt left out every night. And, when we won the twist contest we were given ONE mug with NCL beach ball for the two of us.

We just got off Carnival's new Sunshine (that used to be the Destiny) and really enjoyed ourselves. The Breeze is a new ship and I wouldn't hesitate cruising on her.