Any cheaper parking options in NYC?

barbaraanne

[quote name='DipBrat']From upstate the cheapest and one of the easiest would be to park at Metro-North station. e.g. Poughkeepsie or White Plains. Parking is well under $10 a day and you avoid any traffic. The train is also much cheaper than the NCL bus if slightly less convenient with the transfer.[/QUOTE]

White plains is an excellent location however very zealous with $20 overtime parking tix and I cannot guarantee they have long term 24 hour parking at the train. Trust me on this as I know the area well

I would suggest either an Amtrak station on the Hudson line such as croton where you can if course take metro north or new Rochelle on the new haven line where metro north as well as Amtrak stop

The reason I am suggesting this us because if Amtrak stops there it stands to reason that they have a long term parking deal where as the longest I have even seen in white plains where Amtrak does not stop is 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums Edited by luvtheships

Here is a link to LAZ Parking's web site. Apparently, they operate many of the Metro-North train station parking lots. The site lists the stations that they operate (all located in NY State). All of these stations (as far as I can tell) offer both daily and long-term parking (1 to 31 days). The FAQ gives instructions as to how to purchase long-term parking using the meters on site (credit cards accepted).

[url]http://www.rrparking.com/parking_lots[/url]

[quote name='johnql']Here is a link to LAZ Parking's web site. Apparently, they operate many of the Metro-North train station parking lots. The site lists the stations that they operate (all located in NY State). All of these stations (as far as I can tell) offer both daily and long-term parking (1 to 31 days). The FAQ gives instructions as to how to purchase long-term parking using the meters on site (credit cards accepted).

[url]http://www.rrparking.com/parking_lots[/url][/QUOTE]

Just an FYI the link to the above parking is not a complete list of metro north stations

However it does appear to be the ones operated by this Laz company

Many metro north location parking lots are attached to municipal city lots and the parking is managed by the locality not metro north nor the Laz company

Use caution at municipal lots as you get ticketed big time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums Edited by luvtheships

[quote name='luvtheships']Just an FYI the link to the above parking is not a complete list of metro north stations[/quote]
Correct. That's why I indicated that the link covered "many" Metro-North stations, not all. Of course, it doesn't hurt to emphasize the point. I tried to figure out which Connecticut stations offered long-term parking but that seems a bit more difficult to figure out. It seems that a permit is needed, which needs to be obtained in advance. Any CT cruisers out there - can you shed any more light on this subject? Is there long-term parking available at CT Metro-North stations that can be purchased on the spot? If so, what are the particulars?

[quote name='hbooden']The Yankee bus deals don't go thru dec? Am I reading that right? I am going in dec:) so I would need it for then

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

Which ship and dates?

Try starting here as there are December dates for Both Breakaway and Gem:

[url]http://tours.yankeetrails.com/Tours/NCL_Cruise_Express[/url]

[quote name='Meanee']If you want to be a complete penny-pincher, and have some time to spare, try this.

Drop everyone off at the port, pretty early. Drive over to Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn, and you can park on the street for free. Tons of parking and no street cleaning. Take the Q train to 47th street and cab to the pier.

I park there all the time when I go on a trip. No tickets and free parking.[/QUOTE]

no, just no. is this for real?

[quote name='Red-Sol']Which ship and dates?

[url]http://tours.yankeetrails.com/Tours/NCL_Cruise_Express[/url][/QUOTE]

I am sorry you are so right! I messed up. My problem is I need a ride from nj not ny :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='hbooden']I am sorry you are so right! I messed up. My problem is I need a ride from nj not ny :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

Oh I see...and I can't help you out there as I am not familiar with NJ bus transportation to the pier. However there must be something similar I would think for NJ folks. :)

[quote name='Red-Sol']Which ship and dates?

[url]http://tours.yankeetrails.com/Tours/NCL_Cruise_Express[/url][/QUOTE]

The Yankees are usually done by October.

Hi. Im on my phone and forgive me if its listed here but I cant see it. How much is parking for the week? Im on Breakaway in two weeks and driving and parking at pier. Thank you.