2 New Breakaway Plus vessels for NCL (Press Release)

FIRELT5

Wonder if one of them will home port in EU, as that is a lot of mega-ships to float around the Caribbean.

Granted a lot of Caribbean ports could expand/dredge themselves out over the next 4 years, which is what I hope happens. Hopefully they will sail out of ports other than MIA; maybe they could share the Oasis 3 Canaveral port (if that rumor comes true). I love any ports that are a 1 day drive away; which MIA technically is although I am dead by the time I arrive.

Wonder if one of them will home port in EU, as that is a lot of mega-ships to float around the Caribbean.

Granted a lot of Caribbean ports could expand/dredge themselves out over the next 4 years, which is what I hope happens. Hopefully they will sail out of ports other than MIA; maybe they could share the Oasis 3 Canaveral port (if that rumor comes true). I love any ports that are a 1 day drive away; which MIA technically is although I am dead by the time I arrive.

Time will tell :):)

And with the rumors about future 200,000 gt-plus builds in the future, as well, it seems to be all-growth for Norwegian. The big question is whether they will keep growing and expanding itineraries or if these newer ships will replace everything smaller than the Dawn or Jewel classes. Given the investments of Norwegian next, I'm assuming the focus is on growth.

But good golly! :eek: Maybe they'll pick Norwegian Explorer and Norwegian Discovery for the names this time.

Still no word on where Bliss will homeport or what itineraries it will have, correct?

And with the rumors about future 200,000 gt-plus builds in the future, as well, it seems to be all-growth for Norwegian. The big question is whether they will keep growing and expanding itineraries or if these newer ships will replace everything smaller than the Dawn or Jewel classes. Given the investments of Norwegian next, I'm assuming the focus is on growth.

But good golly! :eek: Maybe they'll pick Norwegian Explorer and Norwegian Discovery for the names this time.

I'm wondering if these are the two rumored 200k GT ships that were being speculated about?

Norwegian must really believe in the Breakaway class design to have 6 megaships with virtually the same structure out there.

Edited by Winston Wolf

The ships wont be complete until 2018 and 2019. I did not see anything in the press release but has anyone heard what night lobster night will be?

I heard from a friend of a friend's cousin's teacher's mother that it is going to be BYOL:

Bring Your Own Lobster! :eek:

Not that I've read.

You can usually piece together the (unofficial) itineraries before the lines announce them using the various cruise timetables sites, as those schedules are obviously set before the lines release them for sale.

Still no word on where Bliss will homeport or what itineraries it will have, correct?

With this news, I'd love to see NCL return to Charleston with one of the smaller/older ships. A 7-day option like the Majesty used to do would really give Carnival a run for their money in the Palmetto state...now if we could just get the new Union Pier Terminal built.

I'm wondering if these are the two rumored 200k GT ships that were being speculated about?

Norwegian must really believe in the Breakaway class design to have 6 megaships with virtually the same structure out there.

You are likely right that the two Breakaway-plus builds are the rumored 200k ships. I'm tempted to think that Norwegian will continue to work larger and smaller ships in tandem, as they do in New York and in the Mediterranean. But given how much Norwegian is growing, I'm willing to make two audacious predictions:

1 Breakaway-Plus based on the West Coast to service the Mexican Riviera and Alaska. They could even throw in the odd 14-night itinerary to Hawaii given all the amenities aboard. Given Norwegian's addition of cruise tours in Alaska and given they send three ships there every year (Pearl, Jewel and Sun), it seems like the market would justify a big ship. Jewel could stay in LA and work in tandem doing Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera and Pacific Coastals.

1 Breakaway-Plus based in Australia. Everyone talks about how much this market is growing, and how better to make a splash than with some brand-new hardware? That's what RCI is doing by throwing Quantum at Shanghai, no?

Just some logical guesses or complete balderdash!? :cool: Only time will tell.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

I don't think WC/Alaska is too outlandish. Celebrity sends the solstice up there, and that ship is 122,000 tons. AK NEEDS balconies, and what better to send up there than a Breakaway vessel. NCL could print money. Plus I know Juneau and Ketchikan were expanding the piers to accommodate post-Panamax ships.

Pure speculation on my part...but time will tell

Sent from my iPad using Forums