Damaged Baggage

acbat1

Hi all quick questions,

I came back from my cruise about a month ago and when we received our bags upon debarkation my bag was damaged. We filed the report with the reps as soon as we retrieved the bag and followed the instructions given. We took it to be repaired but the repair company deem the bag irreparable and assigned a value to the bag as instructed by carnivals report. I sent in all the information it requested and received a automatic response that they would reply in 7 days... it has now been 17 business days and I have heard nothing back. Is there anyone who knows who I can call. I've called carnival's regular number and they just say someone will get back to you.

Oh and I had insurance too and they won't do anything until I get something from carnival

Edited by acbat1

Hi all quick questions,

I came back from my cruise about a month ago and when we received our bags upon debarkation my bag was damaged. We filed the report with the reps as soon as we retrieved the bag and followed the instructions given. We took it to be repaired but the repair company deem the bag irreparable and assigned a value to the bag as instructed by carnivals report. I sent in all the information it requested and received a automatic response that they would reply in 7 days... it has now been 17 business days and I have heard nothing back. Is there anyone who knows who I can call. I've called carnival's regular number and they just say someone will get back to you.

Oh and I had insurance too and they won't do anything until I get something from carnival

I guess I'm more aggressive than you are, because I would not be accepting "someone will get back to you". I would be kind about it, but I'd be holding on the line until they found someone to assit me.

Hi all quick questions,

We had a bag damaged two weeks ago and they told us to repair or replace nothing about getting something in writing from repair place.

Replaced the luggage and yesterday sent in receipt with cost and waiting for hopefully a check.

That's why I always use cheap bags then I don't have to worry about it. When I was doing a lot of flying I was amazed by the number of folks who used $300-$400 suitcases. I never could figure out why they would spend big bucks on something for the baggage handlers to toss around.

Edited by travler27

That's why I always use cheap bags then I don't have to worry about it. When I was doing a lot of flying I was amazed by the number of folks who used $300-$400 suitcases. I never could figure out why they would spend big bucks on something for the baggage handlers to toss around.

Yeah, with all these stories of broken luggage, I have no idea why anyone would use expensive luggage. I get mine from goodwill, rummages etc--they last a year or so, then onto the next $10 luggage purchase.

We had a bag damaged two weeks ago and they told us to repair or replace nothing about getting something in writing from repair place.

Replaced the luggage and yesterday sent in receipt with cost and waiting for hopefully a check.

What port did you debarked from? We debated in Miami and they gave us a yellow copy of the report and it's at the bottom says if bag can't be repaired the company needs to state that and place a value on the bag. I think I will be taking the advise above and insisted on speaking to someone tomorrow.

You do realize you will not get the full cost of new luggage. You get a depreciated cost.

If I'm reading my insurance correctly they will give me the difference in what I paid and what carnival gives me. But that's not even my irritation. It really the fact that no one is saying anything. I did as carnival instructed all I'm asking is that they follow through with a response. For god sakes I have another cruise to get ready for :)

Travelpro Platinum - guaranteed for life. That's why. Already have had multiple bags replaced multiple times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What port did you debarked from? We debated in Miami and they gave us a yellow copy of the report and it's at the bottom says if bag can't be repaired the company needs to state that and place a value on the bag. I think I will be taking the advise above and insisted on speaking to someone tomorrow.

Pt Canaveral but paperwork given to me on the ship, liberty.

Yeah, with all these stories of broken luggage, I have no idea why anyone would use expensive luggage. I get mine from goodwill, rummages etc--they last a year or so, then onto the next $10 luggage purchase.

That is why the replacement a collapsible rolling duffel with recessed wheels cost $ 35.

You do realize you will not get the full cost of new luggage. You get a depreciated cost.

Whatever we get we get. Seriously thinking of taking luggage to our cabin myself in the future to avoid this nonsense.

Don't forget it must fit through a scanner like at the airport.

Are you sure about that? On our last cruise on the Caribbean Princess, we saw someone wheeling around a very large suitcase in the line for security. I'm not sure if they made it through, because we were on the priority line and they were on the regular line. However, even though the rooms on Princess are ready when you board, we saw the same person wheeling the same suitcase around the ship by the Piazza.

Edit: Perhaps some cruise lines or ports allow you to forego the service provided by the porters and allow you to carry your usual checked luggage onboard by yourself? I haven't seen any threads posted about it, nor have I checked the FAQ pages on any cruise line's website.

Edited by Disconnections