I have been reading some really funky stuff

Caroldoll

I really, really tried to see it from the OP's point of view but...

OK, you paid a large sum for a cabin that is BIG, has all sorts of amenities including 2 bottles of liquor AND a butler, yet a $5-6 bottle of water disturbs you? You left Celebrity only because of water? Are you sure it was not a combination of things, maybe lousy service/bad food/etc?

I am really trying here but I just don't see it... and I am not trying to "bash", just having trouble understanding a bottle of water ruining a cruise in a Penthouse suite... heck they could take all the water out and I would still be happy with a PS.

Edited by bobsfamily

Ok, so let's be realistic about this. We do not know the OP, so do not know if they are a 'snob' or not, or if they are in the 1% or not (although if they regularly cruise in high-end suites that is almost guaranteed, although it shouldn't matter as that point alone does not a snob make). We only know what they said, and nothing more.

Here is what we do know: Many posters new to Cruise Critic and/or new to the Celebrity boards regularly post concerns that Celebrity cruisers are a bunch of snobs based on what they are reading on the Celebrity boards. What the OP did post is that they have been cruising in high-end suites, including Penthouse more than once (this is not specifically stated but if you re-read it like I did before I posted this, it would be hard to argue the point). They cruised Celebrity a lot. They decided to stop cruising Celebrity because they would not provide free bottled water in their cabin. This may very well not be the whole story, but based on the original post this is what we know. Many (if not most) people reading that, and most especially people new to these boards, would very likely read that and think 'snob'. They just would. That is what concerns me about posts like that on these boards. Celebrity is in fact not full of snobs at all, and I hate to see posts worded that lead people to that conclusion, whether at the end of the day it is a true conclusion or not. We only know people from what is being said, and as we all know that is not always the whole story, and is often subject to interpretation.

Well put. the OP did come across as a bit of a snob. It isn't that she complained about a variety of issues with water being the final straw. But only about water. And that it was "the reason" they left Celebrity. I have read posts about a cruise being "ruined" because of no Towel Animals. Really?!

I haven't read the amenities for the PH, but I'm guessing they don't state "free water bottles." So no reason to be surprised. I will agree that when you are in one of the most expensive suites on the ship, then it isn't unreasonable to get many great perks. But you do have to read the fine print. What is and what isn't included.

I have cruise 25 times. I have been on great cruises and ok cruises. I love the ocean, enjoy the food and nightlife. Enjoy the pool, ports, and entertainment. Don't care about towel animals. Cute, but never a deal breaker. Same with water.

Edited by papaflamingo

I don’t fault the OP. As noted there is always the straw that breaks the camel’s back. In this case, water. Frankly, I am surprised that I have free bottled water in my AQ cabin and those paying much more on their accommodations, have to pay for bottled water.

Businesses lose customers over really minor issues. Wonder if they realize it.

M

We were in an inside cabin on deck 11 on the Infinity last month and we got two bottles of free water every day. :D never asked for it, infact we had a drinks package but I guess they included us in with all the surrounding AQ cabins.

Maybe they felt sorry for us and gave us free water since we couldn't actually see water! :D

Edited by DebbieMacG