Just off silhouette!

ggglo

Just returned last night from 12 days on Silhouette. We are elite with celebrity and have cruised about 80 times with every cruise line.

Our experience was exceptional. Celebrity knows how to put it all together. The s class ships are the best. Our food and dining service was faultless. Recommend the silhouette and reflection to all! (Only 2 solstice class ships I've been on). We've sailed on princess, holland America, Oceania, and every other cruise line. Loved this one for value and quality!!!

We have sailed on many lines, we prefer celebrity and like you our favorite ships are the Silhouette and the Reflection. They are the best S class ships! Love the lawn grill and the porch!

Agree with your findings.

We have done four transatlantic on the Sil. Has been an exceptional value.

BUT for this last crossing in April.

3 were a dream, this last had the internet hosed for internal computer issues.

Not the satellite! And with no AT&T package, no backup for communications at

a reasonable price. Yes, the food was great value, all service was excellent,

ships ride was exceptional.

Many of us require reasonable communications availability. Friends and family fall seriously ill or worse. Emergencies occur. We need to be reasonably accessible. With broken systems, we are sent messages and mail that we don't receive for days and the sender(s) think we are ignoring them! That in

my opinion is unacceptable. The ship must carry backup equipment to protect

the continuity of communications. But that is not to say that it works every second but that given normal conditions, that it should be online for 80 to 85% of the cruise.

And now, what gives with the speed loss issue? No details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are just off the Silhouette and also did not feel any vibrations whatsoever (cabin was on Deck 10, somewhat aft). We actually had no idea about the propulsion issues until we read about them after we disembarked.

We agree with the others who had a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We typically take the unlimited specialty dining package which can be purchased the first day on board. Especially great on the Reflection and Silhouette as you have more speciality restaurant options then the other ships. It was $29. pp per day (back in March) and you could eat in all of the restaurants, including Bistro on Five , which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. On those two ships, you can enjoy the Lawn grill, which IMO is the best of the speciality restaurants, and the Porch for lunch. Also, depending upon the cruise, at least one of the main specialty restaurants serves lunch per cruise

Enjoy your cruise.

I have been on 5 Celebrity cruises - 4 in the past 4 years - and I have never seen any info on the ultimate dining package. Where did you find out about this? Onboard or prior to sailing?

Gail

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We typically take the unlimited specialty dining package which can be purchased the first day on board. Especially great on the Reflection and Silhouette as you have more speciality restaurant options then the other ships. It was $29. pp per day (back in March) and you could eat in all of the restaurants, including Bistro on Five , which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. On those two ships, you can enjoy the Lawn grill, which IMO is the best of the speciality restaurants, and the Porch for lunch. Also, depending upon the cruise, at least one of the main specialty restaurants serves lunch per cruise

Enjoy your cruise.

Is the unlimited dining package only available once you get onboard? Is it offered every cruise on Silhouette? I can only see 4 and 5 night dining packages when I log into My Celebrity.

I have heard from more than one person that the Ulitmate Dining

Package may only be purchased once you board the ship and that they

put a limit on how many packages may be sold. This package does not

show up on the website.

I sailed with a really nice couple on Sihloutte last year who purcahsed

it and they felt it was worth every penney.

I will be on Reflection in November and will be asking about it too.

Edited by Lois R