alaskan cruise

az20101

How was entertainment,was there much to do at night?What was the main age group on board?we sail on Aug 6th and tips or info you have I would love hear...it will be our first time with holland and Alaska ..thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just returned from a HAL cruise to AK on the Volendam. Awesome! any questions...I will be glad to answer.

What was your itinerary?

Did you book your excursions through HAL?

How was the weather?

How was the food?

What type of stateroom did you have?

Are you planning to post pictures?

Not AZ, but we were on the Volendam last week, maybe I can help?

What was your itinerary?

Vancouver, Sea Day, Tracy Arm/Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Sea Day, Vancouver

Did you book your excursions through HAL?

Only one, the train to White's Pass and back - amazing! Very nicely organized and the scenery was spectacular

How was the weather? a real mixed bag - hot in Vancouver, mild on sea days, Rainy in Juneau, cloudy but mild in Skagway, clear and cool (52*F) in Glacier Bay, Rainy in Ketchikan, beautiful on last sea day through inside passage and hot in Vancouver for disembarkation

How was the food? We found the food to be very good, in fact it was even better than we remembered it on our last HAL cruise ( Prinsendam 2012)

What type of stateroom did you have? We booked at the absolute last minute and thoroughly enjoyed the first inside room we've ever had. Service was terrific throughout the ship!

Are you planning to post pictures? Sorry, no posting of photos - I took about 700 of them and it will require a marathon to edit them down to a manageable roar. My grandchildren arrived for a visit an hour after we returned home, they are still here. I rest my case:o and I have no idea why this is a different colour, so sorry, can't fix it!

[/i]

Edited by GeezLouise1

The food was amazing and lots of it. We ate in the Lido...make sure you check out both sides. I did not need long pants once during the cruise. I wore a light jacket once for about an hour. We were upgraded to a balcony room. We used the balcony a lot. Make sure you explore the ship...different stairs lead to different areas. The only excursion I booked was through the ship and it was to Mendenhall glacier.....well worth it for 40 dollars. Make sure you walk to the glacier.