Cozumel beach trip oasis of seas

tmarsh

We are looking forward to a beach day in Cozumel. What beach would you recommend? Traveling with two teens and trying to decide between AI and not. Looking for a beach with comfy chairs/umbrellas, place to get drink/snacks and maybe water activities for the kids where we can spend a few hours. Any recent (last 6 - 8 months) experiences/reviews would be appreciated.

I love renting a car( Jeep) and driving about 20 minutes to the eco/park/lighthouse/beach of Punta Del sur.

There are two restaurants on the beach area chairs, massage, hammocks etc..

http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/punta_sur.cfm

Might cost $10 each to get in to park, I do not remember . Bring cash.

If you go around the island to get back and want to see mayan ruins you will find them here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d153309-Reviews-San_Gervasio_Mayan_Site-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Love this Island have fun!

Playa Mia resort has everything that you listed

We did this in June, and have done years before as well

As much alcohol as you can drink, chairs, tables umbrellas, kayaks, canoes, water slide, inflatables, water slides, Snorkelling

Sandy beach and food court.

Fresh water pool with surrounding hammocks.

Truly has everything for the kids and adults and a great beach day

Happy Days.

A few pics

imagejpg1_zps52a6707b.jpg

imagejpg2_zps1254c59f.jpg

Edited by PompeySailor

Dont know any resort names...but if you get something on the south western side of the island you will be near the reef reserve where all us divers dive....which means you will have a good beach resort you can also get some stellar snorkling from as well....

For us, when in Coz we always go to Nachi Cocom Beach Club. It is an AI that costs $55 per person. They limit the number of guests to 100 maximum. Depending on how many ships are in port that day, some of the resorts can be a little crowded. For your $, you get all your drinks (alcohol and non), a complete lunch (appetizer, entrée, dessert), chairs on the beach under palapas, use of the pool and hot tub. However, their location is not great for snorkeling and they do not have water toys for the kids (other than 1 inflatable trampoline/diving thing).

Just up the beach is Mr Sanchos that has loads of things for kids...and, if I remember correctly, you can either do the All Inclusive or just the pay-as-you-go. It can get very crowded when there are a lot of ships in Coz. I have seen upwards of 25,000 + cruisers in port...along with all the other vacationers who are staying at the island resorts...it can get quite hectic! Good luck...and ENJOY!

We are looking forward to a beach day in Cozumel. What beach would you recommend? Traveling with two teens and trying to decide between AI and not. Looking for a beach with comfy chairs/umbrellas, place to get drink/snacks and maybe water activities for the kids where we can spend a few hours. Any recent (last 6 - 8 months) experiences/reviews would be appreciated.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2040556&page=6

Scroll to post #103 for my start of Chankanaab Adsventure Beach Park Review

Extremely easy to get to Chankanaab, cheap cab ride. Reasonably priced entry, beautiful place with plenty of things to do and see: dolphin swim, zip line, snorkelling, etc. Had a great day there.

Have an awesome cruise! :D

I have 3 teens and we have been to both Paradise Beach (2 years ago) and Mr. Sanchos (last summer-pay as you go). Both of these beaches are comparable. They have water toys to climb on and jump on. Paradise Beach included more in their price (icebergs to climb on, paddle boards, mats to float on and kayaks). But, my teens were very happy at Mr. Sanchos also. Both places are nice properties. Great views, bathrooms, a pool, friendly waiters etc.

We are boycotting cruises to Mexico until the Mexican government releases Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi. I hope others do as well. As long as we keep spending our American dollars in Mexico and acting like everything is great in Mexico things like this, drugs flooding across our boarders, and illegal immigrants flooding in will continue. Americans spend millions and millions in Mexico. If that stopped the Mexican government would take notice, release our brave soldier, assist us in the war against drugs, and help stop illegal immigration. I hope all who read this stop cruising to Mexico or at least not spend your money there.

Edited by DShock