QM2 TA Early or Late?

tamsno

Thanks for all the great info. I would appreciate opinions regarding early or late Britannia Dining on a QM2 WB TA? I'm currently traveling solo and always have late dining on other ships including QE B2B with this TA. I enjoy all the shows and being out and about. How are evening activities scheduled? Really looking forward to QM2 experience and want to make the most of it. Cheers!

Hi tamsno we usually have late sitting, they have 2 shows to suit both dining times. If you want to have afternoon tea in the Queens Room a late sitting would suit better for that.

After evening meal we usually see the show and then go to The Commodre Club for a few drinks. There is also the pub and the Chart Room.

Always lots to do to fill in the day and a nice relaxed start to the evening.

Catherine and Tony

I agree with what has been said so far except I would mention that if you are into Ballroom Dancing, or just listening to the band in the Ballroom, doing the late seating only gives you about an hour in the ballroom if you go to the second show in the Royal Court Theater. That show is usually done about 11 pm, ballroom shuts down at midnight. Nightclub goes till the wee small hours. As usual, pros and cons either way - but I usually do the late seating when traveling solo and do the Kings Court routine on special nights in the ballroom, like Big Band Night...................

Remember that if you are going westbound that there will be five nights when the clock goes back.

That means that your 8.30 meal will feel more like 9.30.

Too late for me anyway.

That depends on when they do the change. On our recent WB, they did the change overnight, not mid-day, and we never had the feeling that anything was later than the clock said.

We did late seatings in Britannia on two crossings this spring and did not feel as though we had missed out on anything. There are lots of shows and entertainment options at 10:00 or 10:30, and since we are night owls, those suited us just fine. On some evenings, there were cocktail parties or shows early in the eventing before dinner. Oh, and there is always a movie in the beautiful Illuminations theater at around 10:30. My stomach is never ready for a full meal at 6:00.

That depends on when they do the change. On our recent WB, they did the change overnight, not mid-day, and we never had the feeling that anything was later than the clock said.

The current clock changes seem to be at noon when the clock is advancing and 2am when it is being put back. I've never known them retard, if that's the correct term, the clocks during the day.

The current clock changes seem to be at noon when the clock is advancing and 2am when it is being put back. I've never known them retard, if that's the correct term, the clocks during the day.

That was our experience on our WB followed by EB crossing.

Despite when the actual change takes place I personally felt the effect. I was very grateful to be in Britannia Club on the WB so that we could eat at the time of our choosing. I would not have been happy eating at 8.30 on the days the clocks had changed the previous evening. We usually ate around 7.45/8 pm on those nights and it worked well for us.

Is the dining room the same with Club passage or a different room? My travel agent says they are same dining room but one doesn't require reserved times. She said only difference is pillow service and a few other minor perks. Trying to figure out if the additional cost is worth it. Thank you in advance.

Is the dining room the same with Club passage or a different room? My travel agent says they are same dining room but one doesn't require reserved times. She said only difference is pillow service and a few other minor perks. Trying to figure out if the additional cost is worth it. Thank you in advance.

The Club dining is a separate part of the Britannia dining room I think it is on deck 2. I'm sure somebody else on here could give you more information about this. I've checked out the difference from in hull prices and it would cost us over £1000.00 to up grade which I don't think it is worth it.

Catherine

Thanks. If thats all I totally agree. Not worth it at all. I just hate having structure on a vacation. Loved Windstar open seating in November but wouldn't want to do a TA on a sailboat. Some people we were with did and said they wouldn't do it again. They had a rough crossing.