Upgrade to a forward cabin

Emmy11386

Hi,

We are booked in an aft penthouse suite on the NCL dawn on deck 10. We sailed the same room on deck 9 last year. I wore the seasickness patch and while I could feel motion in the room I didn't feel sick. We have to opportunity to upgrade to the deluxe owners suite which is in the front of the ship. I'm wondering if I will be more likely to get sea sick in this room. It seems like a beautiful room, but I'd hate to pay more and then get sick.

In your experience has it been significantly more motion?

It will depend on the sea conditions

I do not usually get sick but on occasion if near the bow I will feel nauseous if there is any kind of a swell

It will depend on the sea conditions

I do not usually get sick but on occasion if near the bow I will feel nauseous if there is any kind of a swell

It's such a nice room, and would be great since we have a group of 10 going. The price for the upgrade is reasonable too. I've only ever got actually sick once (on a cruise in Dec) and even then I was able to take Dramine and continue on with the day. Other times I've has some nausea with the motion but nothing that stopped my day. I would just hate to upgrade to a nicer room and not be able to enjoy it.

Our friends had a forward facing suite and they weren't allowed to use the balcony while the ship was under way. In our case, that was a couple days at a time! They also said it was loud when the sea was rough as the waves hit the bow.

We always book aft section and don't consider moving forward as an upgrade. :)

There is more motion at the front of the ship

While the perceived motion increases as you get nearer to either the bow or the stern, the fact is that aft cabins are virtually right at the stern while the forward-most cabins are generally 100 or more feet aft of the bow. As a result, stern cabins will experience more pitching than forward ones - in addition, being directly over the azipods, or screws, will give substantially more vibration in stern cabins.