Princess is #1 IMO

I had a July 19th Alaskan cruise booked and have been debating about going for a few weeks due to my mother's declining health and being placed in hospice. My sister kept encouraging me to go but I was not excited and dragging my feet.

This morning, my TA got a move over offer from princess since the cruise is overbooked. Their offer was to apply my fare o the August 16th cruise, apply difference as OBC, balcony cabin (had an inside booked), and all my OBC including the 3 for free would be transferred.

I had to decline the date due to work and told my TA if Princess would agree to move everything over to my Christmas cruise, I would accept.

Well my guardian angel was looking out for me, and Princess agreed to my counter. I couldn't believe it! This has taken a huge load of my shoulders as I was so uneasy about being out of contact let trying to get back to seattle if something should happen.

This has just reaffirmed my opinion that Princess is the right cruise line for me.

I think it was a good offer and I so thankful that Princess has made this difficult situation a tad easier.

Grace

We have only been offered one moveover, but I countered with another cruise far into the future and got the same deal as you, (incl inside to balcony and all money back as credit), for another cruise of different itinerary, costing almost four times as much as our original! But yes, we feel Princess is number one for lots of reasons, mainly for the value (what you get for what you pay) and, for us at this point, the Elite perks. We have not had a bad experience with them (so far!) :D

[quote name=

Well my guardian angel was looking out for me' date=' and Princess agreed to my counter. I couldn't believe it! This has taken a huge load of my shoulders as I was so uneasy about being out of contact let trying to get back to seattle if something should happen.

This has just reaffirmed my opinion that Princess is the right cruise line for me.

I think it was a good offer and I so thankful that Princess has made this difficult situation a tad easier.

Grace[/quote]

You are now a member of a not so exclusive club. Welcome and hope to see you on a Princess cruise. Our next 2 are in September.

I'm so glad you can stop stressing about what to do with this cruise and breathe a bit easier. I wish you strength and peace with your mom and I hope December brings you the best cruise ever!

We're on Sunday's sailing of Grand. We booked late, and had troubles getting a confirmed room. I was told by a couple of people that both the Grand and Golden sailings this weekend are fully booked and in some categories over sold. I've always wondered what they did in those cases - wasn't aware of the "move over fairy". Seems like a good system since, as in the OP's case, it helps some people out.

We're on Sunday's sailing of Grand. We booked late, and had troubles getting a confirmed room. I was told by a couple of people that both the Grand and Golden sailings this weekend are fully booked and in some categories over sold. I've always wondered what they did in those cases - wasn't aware of the "move over fairy". Seems like a good system since, as in the OP's case, it helps some people out.

Princess has this down to a science, there cruises are consistantly sold out so they do this week in a week out. ;)