Kid-friendly excursions on Getaway trip

Hey all -

I'm looking for suggestions for good family outings - reasonably priced (I know that's totally subjective) - for 2 adults and kids ages 11, 8, and 4. Either ship-sponsored or reputable tour provider in port.

Thanks!

You might get a better response if you list what ports you are interested in and post in the ports of call section. Generally, IMHO, for a family of 5 you might be better off renting a car and touring around on your own.

Since lots of excursions have age requirements, the best way to view and compare all of your options is through the shore excursion page on the NCL Website. You will want to log in to MyNCL. From there you can view a list of all shore excursions available for all ports on your sailing. They have little icons right on the main list indicating whether there are age restrictions, whether it's considered "great for families", etc. When you find some that seem appropriate or interesting, if you come back here, people can give you feedback and such on your specific choices.

Wow - it was really late when I was posting this. The ship is the Getaway so the ports of call are St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Nassau.

I was going to respond earlier this morning guessing those were your ports. Nassau they have the pirate museum you can walk to which is a few blocks from the terminal. There is also Junkanoo beach which is free and not a far walk - you go past the straw market and the Hilton and it is there. Not the best beach in the world, but it is free and there are drink/food vendors plus you can see the ships in the distance.

Typically we just stay on the ship in Nassau as it isn't our favorite spot. When we were on the BA in March my son and I went on the drop slides over and over during the afternoon with no more than a 3 minute wait at any time - I'd look over at Junkanoo when I was dropping through the floor.

We are going in August on DCL and in St Maarten we are doing Capt Bobs. Several people who have been on the GA recently said it was great and it has great reviews although it isn't too inexpensive - $109/person.

St. Thomas - It has been years since we have been there but haven't decided. We may go to one of the hotels that has a pool package for the day.

When are you going?