No more goodie baskets?

EngIceDave

I got off Liberty a couple weeks ago and am getting on Sunshine tomorrow and was wondering, was the lack of a bathroom goodie basket an anomaly or is that the new norm?

Just so I know what to expect tomorrow

(Both Balcony cabins, if that should make a difference)

Over the last couple of years, the goodie basket has 'died'. If you get a sample of shampoo and a bar of soap, you are lucky. I wouldn't expect anything....so if you get some small item, you'll be surprised.;)

I got off Liberty a couple weeks ago and am getting on Sunshine tomorrow and was wondering, was the lack of a bathroom goodie basket an anomaly or is that the new norm?

Just so I know what to expect tomorrow

(Both Balcony cabins, if that should make a difference)

I've noticed on my past few cruises that there wasn't much in the clam shells. In fact, I had to chase down the cabin steward to get a bar of soap. The only item I've seen fairly consistently on my last few cruises has been the small tube of toothpaste.

I wouldn't expect much. I'd bring what I need with me.

We were on sunshine earlier this year and only got toothpaste and not even in the clam shell dish. Thought at the time that it was due to them having cabins ready so much earlier, maybe not.

Do they still have the soap and shampoo in the shower?

That, yes

and for the record, we did get a bar of soap.

It's not like the goodie basket was a big deal, mostly crap, but it was a nice touch.

It's one of those things that just make you feel special, makes you feel valued.

and yes, I understand they were supplied samples and if the manufacturer doesn't provide them, then there's none to give

I'm sure is was a source of advertising for companies and the companies are cutting back. We had toothpaste last cruise and that was it. I always bring a sample tube the dentist gives me so I didn't want what they left. I liked the breath right strips! I used those and actually bought some when I got home. I have allergies and they helped.

Edited by kona_wahine

On Liberty June 20th we didn't have the clamshell. Our room steward told us they have been eliminated. I also had to ask for soap when ours got down to a sliver. It was wafer thin.

No clamshell, only 1 bar of soap on my 5 day Paradise cruise last month. It was always a funny thing that on the last day of the cruise how the clamshell would disappear( at least in my cabins) since they thought we would take them home with us I guess.

We just did a b2b on the Dream.

First week only bars of soap in the clamshell. Second week our steward said they got more samples.

A couple each of toothpaste, Breathe Right Strips and some Glide flosser picks.

I'm sure is was a source of advertising for companies and the companies are cutting back. We had toothpaste last cruise and that was it. I always bring a sample tube the dentist gives me so I didn't want what they left. I liked the breath right strips! I used those and actually bought some when I got home. I have allergies and they helped.

Same here, a couple sample tubes from the Dentist. Breath Rite strips we left. Nothing else in the basket. Was glad I brougt my own razor.