Printing Photos on the Ship.

LoveDMB

I'm wondering if there is a way to print pics from a digital camera on a ship. I do travel journals while on trips, and would like to print out pics as I go, if possible, and add to my journal. Does anybody know if there is a kiosk where this can be done?? I'm considering buying one of these instant mini cameras if not, just to be able to have some pics right away. I've heard they aren't too good of quality, so if anyone knows anything about those & would like to share info, that would also be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!!

If memory serves, the service is available but its not self-service, and not sure about the printing part...loading onto a DVD yes. The photo shop will take your memory card and put the pics on a DVD for you, but like everything else in that shop, its pricey. I remember looking at how much it was and saying I will wait until i get home!

Edited by custompcsys

Yes, there is a digital photo printing service. Well, at least they have it on the Ocean Princess. Given that is the smallest ship in the fleet (along with the Pacific Princess) I would suspect all the other ships have the same service.

As another poster said, it is not self serve. You take a memory card to the photo booth. No USB sticks accepted, just memory cards.

I can't remember the exact price but I recall thinking it was very reasonable and the quality is excellent.

There used to be self-service kiosks where you could insert your memory card/stick,choose the photos to be printed, edit them (crop, light adjust, etc.) and order the prints. The prints would be ready the following evening by 6 PM at the photo desk.

This machine was not on my CB cruise last February and the photo staff did not even know what I was asking about. I assume the kiosks have been removed from the other ships, but I do not know for sure.

As others mentioned, the photo staff can make prints from your memory card, but you will have no change to do any cropping or other editing unless you do it before handing the memory card to the photo staff.

I'm wondering if there is a way to print pics from a digital camera on a ship. I do travel journals while on trips, and would like to print out pics as I go, if possible, and add to my journal. Does anybody know if there is a kiosk where this can be done?? I'm considering buying one of these instant mini cameras if not, just to be able to have some pics right away. I've heard they aren't too good of quality, so if anyone knows anything about those & would like to share info, that would also be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!!

I have one of those cameras, bought for the same reason you are considering buying one; I do travel journal's and scrapbooks. The picture quality is fine, but the photos are small, and the film is pricey about $10 a pack for 10 pictures, okay, maybe it's not that pricey but it seems expensive to me. My main problem with the camera is that it's bulky and doesn't fit in a standard camera case. You can buy them at Wal-Mart, and I noticed that Michaels Craft Stores sell them too. They are about $65 +/-

The ones at Michaels come in colors like pink and yellow. I have yet to actually take my instant camera on a trip. I've had it about 6/7 months.

I have one of those cameras, bought for the same reason you are considering buying one; I do travel journal's and scrapbooks. The picture quality is fine, but the photos are small, and the film is pricey about $10 a pack for 10 pictures, okay, maybe it's not that pricey but it seems expensive to me. My main problem with the camera is that it's bulky and doesn't fit in a standard camera case. You can buy them at Wal-Mart, and I noticed that Michaels Craft Stores sell them too. They are about $65 +/-

The ones at Michaels come in colors like pink and yellow. I have yet to actually take my instant camera on a trip. I've had it about 6/7 months.

Thanks so much on the info. I'm ok with small pics for journaling purposes. Bulky might be a pain, but I might consider the trade off to be able to put pics in right away, instead of leaving spaces for pics later.

I seem to remember the burning of a CD was pretty reasonable-about $10-$12.

The problem with CDs is that compared to the picture size of newer digital cameras (6 MB a photo or more), a CD holds very few pictures, about 110.

I do not know if Princess offers a DVD burning option.

The problem with CDs is that compared to the picture size of newer digital cameras (6 MB a photo or more), a CD holds very few pictures, about 110.

I do not know if Princess offers a DVD burning option.

There you go getting all techie on me! :eek: LOL

We had some photos printed on our cruise in October...I don't remember the price but as others have said it wasn't too bad. I just take two memory cards with me. While one card is at the photo shop I have another to use for pictures. The photo shop couldn't print from my memory stick but was able to use a USB adapter so I believe you can transfer the pictures from memory card to USB and have the photos printed.

Edited by BroncoLvrs

I just take two memory cards with me. While one card is at the photo shop I have another to use for pictures.

I would not want to give them a memory card with many photos that could possibly be lost in their care.

I always have a laptop/netbook with me, the main purpose being able to back up all the photos on the memory cards.

With the computer, I can crop and prepare the photos for printing, put them on a spare memory card, and just give the photo personnel the memory card with only the pictures I want printed. I would not want to give them a memory card with many more photos that could possible be lost in their care.