Enchantment Short Review- July 14-18

Hi, thanks for the timely review! I have a few questions for you. We are father and son heading out on our "last" summer cruise by ourselves before college. Our schedule works best with this cruise. Sailed RCI on the Navigator and twice on the Radiance class ships out of Tampa. This will be (only slightly) the smallest and oldest ship we've been on. Trying to decide what cabin is a little challenging. We can do interior or Ocean view, likely don't see the value in the balcony on a 4 night cruise unless a rate drop happens. I'm a light sleeper so concerned about deck noise on 8, theater and club noise on 7 and 4. Not a big fan of being st the bottom of the skip but leaving that way right now. Recommendations? I suppose we will have to deal with the 2 ships at coco cay as well. Oh well, it's summer. Deciding on s beach day or activity for Nassau also. Usually stay on the ship here, but don't want to waste the day as we will probably have just enough time to explore on the sea day and first 2 anyway. Might splurge for Atlantis aquaventure since we are in port for the whole day until midnight. Strangely enough, I have always seen this cruise as a sea day for the last day. Most places have it listed as such, except for RCIs mobile site and AAA which list the last day acc Grand Bahama Island (not Freeport though) wondering? If not Atlantis, thinking right now either BC Hilton or Melia for a resort beach day. Feedback?

We had a deck 3 interior. Cheap, no issues, really dark. Good for sleeping. Never felt movement. I would choose Melia over BC Hilton just because it is further away from the port. The beach is much prettier at Melia. We would have loved the aqua adventure but wow those prices were insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by AmandaKaye79

Great review! We are sailing on the EOS in late Sept. Are there typically 2 ships at Coco Cay or was this unusual?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

I really dont know. I've been a few other times and there was only one ship. But I assume it happens a lot.

Wait, I was right? Alert the media! :D So, why doesn't Royal have someone there to tell all the people in the one long line? I almost started a fight when I told a couple to just go up and get food, they didn't have to wait. They started heading to the next station and some guy started yelling at them. I got the hell out of there. :o

There were a few buffet lines. All had the same thing. All lines were very very long.

Edited by AmandaKaye79

Just found a website that lists ports, and sure enough, we will have Grandeur with us, for a port load of over 5,200. Lovely. Guess we will get off the ship early and head off to the secluded side! So, does anyone know why carnival ships are now going to Coco Cay as well?

Ah the "fifteen's" - I was on this cruise as well . It became a joke with our group to get anywhere ahead of the Fifteen's.

We were on deck 3 as well, and thought it a good location - though we were a bit forward of the flood zone. :rolleyes:

We were on this cruise also. DH and I were celebrating our 35th Anniversary. Found the cruise to be very relaxing and enjoyable. Thought the shows were good and loved Marc "bing bong"!

As for the "Fifteens" I was told there were. 350 . As long as you got Had of them you were ok.

I was on the Grandeur and ran into the 15's gang at Universal Studios.

We then saw them at CocoCay which had 3 vessels.

Luckily, we got off the ship very early and found a nice spot in front of the water park.

we went early for lunch and still waiter about 30min to get food.

This was our first cruise and we had a blast.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cococayschedule2014.html#.U8uttixOW00

schedule of ships for cococay. Lucky for our Aug 4th cruise only one ship.

I'd double check using a different site:

http://ships.cruisett.com/

Whereas on the link you posted (and thank you, very informative) no other ships are shown in Cococay on Aug. 12 when we will be there, on the link above (and I confirmed this by chasing down the itinerary for the other ship) it shows that Grandeur will also be at Cococay.