Alaska cruise tour

Hello all. Back in April, based on the great advice I found on this board, I booked a one way Southbound cruise out of Seward in June 2015 for myself, my wife, my 2 kids (9 and 10) and my parents. I planned to DIY the land portion of the vacation but I recently had second thoughts. I just returned from a great trip to The Grand Tetons and Yellowstone with the same crew, and although I really enjoyed it, it was exhausting organizing it all myself and we are now considering a cruise tour instead. None of the Royal Caribbean tours really appeal to me- I really would like to do the anchorage to Seward part on the railroad and spend more time in Seward.

Are there any tour groups that can do a custom itinerary for 6 people, including transfers and baggage handling?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello all. Back in April, based on the great advice I found on this board, I booked a one way Southbound cruise out of Seward in June 2015 for myself, my wife, my 2 kids (9 and 10) and my parents. I planned to DIY the land portion of the vacation but I recently had second thoughts. I just returned from a great trip to The Grand Tetons and Yellowstone with the same crew, and although I really enjoyed it, it was exhausting organizing it all myself and we are now considering a cruise tour instead. None of the Royal Caribbean tours really appeal to me- I really would like to do the anchorage to Seward part on the railroad and spend more time in Seward.

Are there any tour groups that can do a custom itinerary for 6 people, including transfers and baggage handling?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Check out the Alaska boards. Tons of info. I returned home last week from my Alaska trip. Wish I could remember who it was, I got a mailer from a tour company with short tours. I actually used it for ideas.

Good luck.

Laura

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just did a DIY land tour prior to a southbound cruise on Raidance out of Seward. We flew into Anchorage a week before the cruise and spent the night. We rented a car and drove to Denali and spent 3 nights by Denali. We then drove to Seward and spent 3 nights in Seward. In Seward, we did the Kenai Fjords 7.5 hour cruise one day. We also went to Whittier from Seward and did the Blackstone Glacier cruise. It worked out very well. We did what we wanted without having to be on someone's schedule.

Mary Anne

Even though you are booked on Royal Caribbean for the cruise, you can still book a tour with princess lodges dot com independent of the cruise itself. We went through them on our first visit to Alaska and I highly recommend. You can also go with Alaska railroad, they have tours as well.

Aside from that and DIY, I am sure there are customized tours for small groups. Trip Advisor would probably be the first place to start along with the Alaska board here.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

My travel agent spoke to Royal yesterday and she was told that booking the land tour would require re-booking the cruise, which has increased $800 pp since when I first booked in March. Don't think that's an option. Likely going DIY but also pricing out Princess at this point.