Turn around day for a 5/4 day booked as a 9 day

I was wondering, has anyone done the turnaround where they get off with all the B2B cruisers and then after returning to the ship for an hour or two gone back into Fort Lauderdale?

I would really like to book the Sanctuary for the second leg for the whole cruise and I am trying to figure out if that can be done before we have to get off for the official turn around or do I have to wait till we get back on after the turn around process?

Once that had been done then I would like to go into FL to shop for a few hours.

Thanks,

Kim

Edited by Akaicb

I was wondering, has anyone done the turnaround where they get off with all the B2B cruisers and then after returning to the ship for an hour or two gone back into Fort Lauderdale?

I would really like to book the Sanctuary for the second leg for the whole cruise and I am trying to figure out if that can be done before we have to get off for the official turn around or do I have to wait till we get back on after the turn around process?

Once that had been done then I would like to go into FL to shop for a few hours.

Thanks,

Kim

We have been allowed to book it during the first half of a B2B (much to the chagrin of those passengers on for a single cruise). We have also, several times, fine through the normal in transit immigration, returned to the ship for lunch and then headed out for supplies, returning by 3:30pm.

We have been allowed to book it during the first half of a B2B (much to the chagrin of those passengers on for a single cruise). We have also, several times, fine through the normal in transit immigration, returned to the ship for lunch and then headed out for supplies, returning by 3:30pm.

Thanks that is good to know.

My guess is that I may not be able to book for my first leg, but I would love to make sure I can get the second leg booked.

Edited by Akaicb

Are there special excursions for in-transit passengers? The only options on my cruise personalizer are "disembarkation" only.

The excursion description will tell you whether or not it returns to the ship.

Mike:)

Are there special excursions for in-transit passengers? The only options on my cruise personalizer are "disembarkation" only.

Don't take the ones that drop passengers off at the Miami airport, but the ones that drop off at the Ft. Lauderdale airport also return to the pier.

Our turnaround day on the Ruby in December was one of the bad ones because of two women who did not show up. We waited in the Wheelhouse for about an hour before the Princess reps finally led us off the ship to go through the Immigration process. Then we still had to wait off the ship until the two women finally showed up.

We ate lunch in the dining room before heading over to Total Wine to restock. The good thing was that we could relax that afternoon since we did not have to attend muster again. We had the Oasis Pool all to ourselves.

haven't done a B2B before - so when we come back into FT Lauderdale, it's OK to being wine back on board ? Is there that corkage fee ?

There have been some posts recently that when a b2b has been booked as a single cruise, the first segment cruise card is also good for the second cruise and thus a new cruise card would not be needed.

No idea if this applies to all ships now.

We did this last yr on the Island Princess and we did get a new card but we did not have to leave the ship just go through a line up checking out with the old card and receiving a new one. We also received a pass to come back onboard for the 2nd week avoiding the lineup for newcomers. We did book as one cruise.

If she is platinum now' date=' but after she completes the first part of the cruise she would become elite. Will her second cruise card (when she has to disembark and get in transit) be an elite card with the benefits? Or does she have to wait until the next time she cruises?[/quote']

She should get the benefits. My husband did on a 14 day Alaska cruise we booked as such, however, it was 2 cruises. We did get new cruise cards for the second leg and his status was upgraded. Upon return, we were even able to change are cruise count reflecting the 2 cruises.

We did this last yr on the Island Princess and we did get a new card but we did not have to leave the ship just go through a line up checking out with the old card and receiving a new one. We also received a pass to come back onboard for the 2nd week avoiding the lineup for newcomers. We did book as one cruise.

Was this in Whittier?

If so, you were already in the USA since boarding in Vancouver so there was no immigration to go through.