Room Service?

nb125

Couldn't you ask for a tray in the buffet restaurant and take it to your room? Or order coffee in the morning and keep the tray. (Leave a note for the steward to leave it if you leave the room).

Although the Lido stewards do use trays for collecting the dirty dishes, it can be difficult to obtain one for your personal use for the duration of the cruise (I've done it).

The room service trays are significantly larger, and heavier, than the trays we used to have in the Lido (I saved one once). They can be a little difficult to use because of that extra weight when you add dishes.

If you do take one and save it, though, it fits nicely standing up in the closet. Out of the way, and out of sight of anyone who may think it should be returned. ;)

Well we know the refrigerator/beverage guys have pass keys.

There are more passkeys floating around that ship than anyone cares to believe.

However, once your cabin is entered, they know whose key was used and would asking what purpose they were there for.

KK I don't think that is the case. If so, how did that Room Service Steward get into that ladies cabin on the nude cruise and hide on her balcony until she came home and did what he did?

I thought that it was a cabin steward??

Sorry -- but I didn't follow that thread too closely -- maybe it was a room service steward.

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

What is an appropriate tip for room service?

A dollar or two for something small like a beverage or sandwich.

A complete meal like dinner or breakfast deserves five to ten, depending on promptness.

It is my understanding Room Service Stewards do not have cabin pass keys.

Sail, twice when we were on the Noordam this past January, I was on the deck waiting for breakfast which we ordered in the morning. Both times it arrived within 15 minutes, despite being told it would be 30-40 minutes. The first morning, the room service attendant came into our cabin and knocked on the verandah doors, signaling he had our food. The other time, my wife was coming back from the Neptune Lounge with our coffee, and she saw the Room Service attendant using his card to get in our cabin. Our room stewards hadn't started their workday yet.

Sail, twice when we were on the Noordam this past January, I was on the deck waiting for breakfast which we ordered in the morning. Both times it arrived within 15 minutes, despite being told it would be 30-40 minutes. The first morning, the room service attendant came into our cabin and knocked on the verandah doors, signaling he had our food. The other time, my wife was coming back from the Neptune Lounge with our coffee, and she saw the Room Service attendant using his card to get in our cabin. Our room stewards hadn't started their workday yet.

That's odd that Neptune Lounge was open prior to start of the work day for cabin stewards? If the Concerige/Pinnacle Steward was in Neptune, it is highly likely the cabin stewards were on the deck. You just may not have seen them.