Opinions/reviews of Aurora

Stellamax09

Hi everyone,

We're looking at the Norway and Northern Cape cruise in July next year. I've seen P&O ships described as "Benidorm at sea" which is NOT the vibe we're looking for! It's a lot of money and will be my husband's first cruise, plus it will be our 10th wedding anniversary, so it needs to be good!

We're mid-thirties, like good food and wine, relaxing and seeing new places!

Any experiences, good or bad, of Aurora would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Stella

You'll be fine, Aurora is a nice ship. It's the best P&O ship as far as our family are concerned, but that's mainly down to our personal tastes as others will undoubtably have different opinions.

Saying that there are a couple of areas of the ship that could be better for instance Champions Bar, why couldn't they have simply copied The Lords Tavern on Oriana it would have been much nicer.

Edited by AchileLauro

Hi everyone,

We're looking at the Norway and Northern Cape cruise in July next year. I've seen P&O ships described as "Benidorm at sea" which is NOT the vibe we're looking for! It's a lot of money and will be my husband's first cruise, plus it will be our 10th wedding anniversary, so it needs to be good!

Thanks,

Stella

Hi Stella, as you can see I tend to cruise with P&O a lot. First the term Benidorm at sea is a new one on me and just as rubbish as all the other put downs.

However I would say that you need to be aware of the age of cruisers on Aurora on this type of cruise. Going North and not to the sun, although you may find lots, the age of your fellow cruisers will be considerably more than your own age. I would expect the average age to be well above 60. Now it is possibly true that for this type of cruise that would be the age of the passengers on any line ex UK.

With this in mind I am sure you will have a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Stella

We have been on Aurora three times. We loved her. She is a traditional cruise ship, and I think having a refit sometime soon.

As Dai has said,as its Aurora,and a cruise to the north, you will probably find you are at the lower end of the age demographic.

As a plus for Aurora you have the crows nest top front, which is a fantastic place to sit and watch the stunning scenery.

Its the one place OH would cruise to time and time again.

Go I am sure you will enjoy it.

Hi Stella, we are just back from an Iberia cruise at start of July. She is a lovely ship, and definitely does not deserve the 'Benidorm....' Reference. Great food and pools. Entertainment fab. I'd say go for it... 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had our first ever cruise on the Aurora. As soon as I stepped on I thought this is exactly what I'd always imagined a cruise ship to look like. Last year we did the World cruise on her. She certainly wouldn't be my idea of Benidorm at sea.

She is going to have some changes made to her at the end of this year. Whether it will be for the better who knows. I'll let you know when we get back from next World cruise in April next year.:)

We're a little older than you, Stella, but we loved Aurora when we went on her 2 years ago. She has a lovely, elegant vibe. Certainly not Benidorm at sea. It depends when in July you are cruising. If it's at the end of the month then you are likely to have some families with children, so that tends to bring the overall age down.

On our cruise we did find things a bit quiet in the evening, but I think we were unlucky with the entertainment, not finding much to our taste. The following year on Azura there were no such problems. If you decide to book I would be very surprised if you don't have a wonderful time and get hooked on cruising.