Upgrade Fairy!!

There were loads of grand suite upgrades on our cruise, 4 that I knew of. 3 where families had booked 2 connecting rooms, ocean view and balconies, the other was a guaranteed JS. I heard rccl had overbooked so this was a good way of reducing 6 cabins to 3. Also from what I remember the grand suite prices were huge in comparison to other categories.

We loved our grand suite, my daughter loved the gold card, and the extra perks we got.

Njkruzer - hope you enjoy your grand suite as much as we did although I hope you don't get our cabin steward, we all started calling him mr illusive and our cabin was not cleaned as thoroughly as I have had cabins cleaned before! Have a wonderful cruise to st Petersburg, I am rather jealous, are you doing the transatlantic too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No we don't have time but we did it on the Jewel 3 years ago.and it was great.

How does the upgrade fairy work?? Only for C&A members?

There are two upgrade fairies. The Revenue Dept. and C&A. The revenue dept. does not look at C&A level. They are the first to do upgrades. Anything left over goes to the C&A dept.

Ok thanks! For good measure I went ahead and enrolled in C&A. I sailed with RCI years ago and didn't think it would still count but the info is all there. Crossin my fingers for a suite upgrade!

Be sure to set your upgrade preferences in the Profile section of Royal's website.