Paid Upgrade Question

I'm trying to figure out how the paid upgrade works. I currently have two D2 cabins booked for two people each on Freedom OTS. If I wanted to switch to one cabin for four(GS), would I be charged the difference in what I paid for the two cabins and the current price of the GS ....or.... Would I be charged the difference in price between the current price of two D2 cabins and the current price if the GS? I'm hoping it's the latter, but suspect it is the former. I got an absolutely amazing price, so no upgrade for me if it's the former. Either way, we will have a great time. TIA

I'm trying to figure out how the paid upgrade works. I currently have two D2 cabins booked for two people each on Freedom OTS. If I wanted to switch to one cabin for four(GS), would I be charged the difference in what I paid for the two cabins and the current price of the GS ....or.... Would I be charged the difference in price between the current price of two D2 cabins and the current price if the GS? I'm hoping it's the latter, but suspect it is the former. I got an absolutely amazing price, so no upgrade for me if it's the former. Either way, we will have a great time. TIA

It's the former.

Darn!!! Thanks!!!

They are charging $XXXX for the Grand Suite. They want that money, by hook or by crook. So if you paid $YYYY already, then they want $XXXX-$YYYY. They don't care what $YYYY was.

:cool: :( :p :o :)

Actually you don't say if you are inside the final payment date. If you are outside the final payment date you will pay whatever the going price is for a GS for 4. If it's less than what you paid for 2 D-2's then you'll get a refund. If it's more, you'll pay more.

Actually you don't say if you are inside the final payment date. If you are outside the final payment date you will pay whatever the going price is for a GS for 4. If it's less than what you paid for 2 D-2's then you'll get a refund. If it's more, you'll pay more.

And if it's inside final payment date, you will lose the down payment and possibly more for the second cabin.

We are outside final payment. I got such a good deal on the D2 balcony staterooms that I will probably just stay put. I got the $361 pp mistake rate on the Dec 21st X-mas cruise. Two D2 balconies for $892 each incl tax and port charges. No way am I giving that up and paying $10k for a GS. Now, if only the difference between the current rates , I might have. But, I plan on just enjoying having some privacy from the two teenage girls!!! I wouldn't get that in the GS.

Generally it is diff from pAid to current price

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are outside final payment. I got such a good deal on the D2 balcony staterooms that I will probably just stay put. I got the $361 pp mistake rate on the Dec 21st X-mas cruise. Two D2 balconies for $892 each incl tax and port charges. No way am I giving that up and paying $10k for a GS. Now, if only the difference between the current rates , I might have. But, I plan on just enjoying having some privacy from the two teenage girls!!! I wouldn't get that in the GS.

Take the money and run! ;)

We are outside final payment. I got such a good deal on the D2 balcony staterooms that I will probably just stay put. I got the $361 pp mistake rate on the Dec 21st X-mas cruise. Two D2 balconies for $892 each incl tax and port charges.

No way would I upgrade. That deal was too good.