Mini Suite ME 728 aft Star Princess

susanne316

We booked this cabin for our cruise to Hawaii and really enjoyed the large covered balcony and extra room in the mini suite. You will hear noise from the Vista lounge which is directly below you. several nights they were doing live music shows there and we could definitely hear the music, it wasn't a huge problem for us as we don't go to bed early. Enjoy the extended balcony--it will be great for viewing the scenery in Alaska. we loved both our cruises to Alaska.

we also had this room on our Alaska cruise last May. We loved the room and the extra large balcony, even though it was really too chilly to sit out on the balcony much. And we also heard music from the Vista Lounge at times; it didn't really bother us but one time it was VERY loud because for some reason the crew door at the end of the hallway was left open. But it wasn't during sleeping time so we didn't care. It was a great cabin, and a great cruise! Here are a couple of photos, sorry so small.

PICT0091.jpg.a5d4947524dff48004ccb031d06e5804.jpg

PICT0089.jpg.e3edfcdc26a177bf0b797f8cb17479c3.jpg

we have booked mini suit's on Dolphin deck for many years until we discovered the covered balcony cabins on Emerald deck. Since then we have only booked those rear E deck mini suits and just love them :) We try to get the starboard side and have never had any noise trouble from the vista below, been in E723 twice, E719 twice and will be in E720 in April. I been told that the first 2 cabins on port side will be quiet, I am on the waiting list for starboard if they get a cancelation. As long as these cabins are available I will only book myself and DH there.

??? For Sonnenshien. Since I was unable to get one of the most aft Emerald minis I chose the most forward starboard on the Crown E721. It's in the same spot as E 719 on the Star. In E719 was it open or extended looking forward? Thanks!

All rear mini's on emerald deck are covered, the only extended balconies are the last ones at the very rear. All others including E 719 have the regular size balcony which is a tiny bit smaller than the carib deck ones. The port side balconies will get some music and bass noise from the lounge below. The starboard side ones are quiet and preferred by us. (sonnenschein is sunshine in german):)

• 2 months later...