Saver fare question

Lanky Lad

Exactly

That is my point.

The Maitre d wants a happy Dining room/Happy Liner

Why Cunard have suddenly stated this in their saver fares prices is in my opinion Blackmail to try and get customers to pay the higher fares.

The service charge is a charge for service. If you don't get the service then you don't pay it.

How on earth does not getting ones choice of early or late seating equate to "not getting the service".

Your room and public areas will still be cleaned, you will still receive a meal delivered to your table served by the wait staff and prepared in the kitchen etc.

For goodness sake grow up!

Edited by CABINET

How on earth does not getting ones choice of early or late seating equate to "not getting the service".

Your room and public areas will still be cleaned, you will still receive a meal delivered to your table served by the wait staff and prepared in the kitchen etc.

For goodness sake grow up!

Every One to their own opinion, That is what forums are for.

Perhaps you would also like to tell all those passengers that just withdraw the

service charge at the start of their voyage for no reason ! the same thing.

By the way I am fully grown ! thank you for your kind advice/comment.

Edited by Pennbank

I only realised that there are actually three fare grades for the UK, when speaking to the future sales rep last month, namely the Cunard Fare, The Early Saver and The Saver Fare.

The Cunard Fare

The Cunard Fare offers flexibility, value and peace of mind. For cruises of seven nights or more, you can choose from one of the following complimentary benefits:

On board spending money

or, car parking in Southampton

or, return coach travel to Southampton

or, airport parking on selected Fly-Cruises

or, regional flights

or, hotel stays

These benefits are subject to availability and are per booking, not per person.

With our Cunard Fare prices shuttle buses will be offered free of charge in ports where they are provided by Cunard Line.

By booking the Cunard Fare on any cruise, you will also be able to choose your precise stateroom type, location and number, including three and four berth staterooms.

Passengers in Britannia Staterooms have a choice of Early or Late Seating for dinner.

With the Cunard Fare, you can make amendments or even change your cruise entirely up to 90 days prior to departure, subject to our booking conditions.

When booking, you will only be required to pay a 15% deposit

Early Saver

Our Early Saver fares offer a reduced fare with some benefits

Available on selected cruises, at selected times

Available on selected grades of stateroom (we’ll assign your stateroom number)

Second priority for dining - Britannia passengers can submit their dining preference prior to boarding, allocation will be confirmed on boarding.

15% deposit

Flexibility to change your booking (subject to our booking conditions)

Saver Fare

Saver Fares require a 100% deposit at the time of booking and are subject to a 100% cancellation fee.

No amendments are permitted once booked; any amendment will be treated as a cancellation.

Bookings are made at the relevant stateroom type and a stateroom number is allocated by Cunard prior to departure.

Dinner seating as allocated on board.

Shuttle buses in ports are an additional cost.

Saver Fares apply to new bookings only. These terms and conditions vary, where relevant, the applicable booking conditions which are otherwise unchanged.

Those fares and their associated benefits are very interesting to those of us who are not UK residents. So far as I know, people in the U.S. are not offered any of the complementary benefits available with the "Cunard fare." We have to pay for shuttle buses, hotel, parking, etc. We do, however, have the opportunity to select a particular stateroom, pay by credit card with no extra charge, and select Britannia dining option at the time of booking. I believe you can also request changes in stateroom (subject to availability of course) and changes in dining option after booking. We have to pay in full by 90 days from the trip.

Yes, and what a load of codswallop it is! Don't get me started on the new Cunard Fare other than I won't be too quick to book it next time, especially since I have heard of many Saver Fares receiving upgrades, changing their dining time onboard and paying £'s less.

Can I conclude from this discussion that first sitting is more popular and it is more likely that a Saver Fare would be allocated 2nd sitting? We have booked on a Saver Fare and fully accept that we don't have the same choices re stateroom and dining allocations as those who have paid the higher fares and actually think that's fair enough.

A voice of reason!

You're right in that the first sitting is more popular and therefore those on discounted fares would more likely be assigned to the second sitting. On embarkation day many passengers try to change their seating for one reason or another so the lines to Britannia are quite long. The Maitre D' will try to be accommodating but if the ship is full he has limited flexibility.

Edited by BlueRiband

Just booked my first cruise on Cunard (a Saver fare I realise now) and really looking forward to it.

I see Cunard has just as many rude and abusive people on Cruise Critic as the other lines though! Shame :-(

I have book a saver fare for QM2 in October and have a question about the dining times. Cunard say the time will be allocated on boarding and cannot be changed. Is this true or if you can find someone to swap with will they let you?

I think anybody booking the saver fare should NOT be allowed to change Cabin or Dining arrangements, if this was to be allowed what is the point of paying the full fare. A better solution would be cheaper fares when cruise dates are published and price increase nearer the sailing date, that way we would know what cabin , sitting and table number we would be going to.:confused:

I think anybody booking the saver fare should NOT be allowed to change Cabin or Dining arrangements, if this was to be allowed what is the point of paying the full fare. A better solution would be cheaper fares when cruise dates are published and price increase nearer the sailing date, that way we would know what cabin , sitting and table number we would be going to.:confused:

That sounds altogether too reasonable so it's highly unlikely to be done. :D

Can I conclude from this discussion that first sitting is more popular and it is more likely that a Saver Fare would be allocated 2nd sitting? We have booked on a Saver Fare and fully accept that we don't have the same choices re stateroom and dining allocations as those who have paid the higher fares and actually think that's fair enough.

I'd agree with all of your comments.

Last year we went on a Saver fare (or whatever it was called 12 months ago now) and we booked a table for 2 on the late sitting and that's what we got. However, we fully understood that as we were paying considerably less for the cruise and had bookED quite late.

I suspect that if we'd have booked 1st sitting we most likely would not have gotten that.