cruise excursions

hayleyfever

Hi

Trying so hard on the roll call of the ncl epic to sort out sharing excursions but nobody ever replies and i cannot believe that nobody isnt doing any tours. I can only pressume that they are doing them through the ship which seem so money.

Can somebody reply.

As we are docking at rome on July 30th it seems so expensive to go such a long way for only 7 hours. what have other people done who have done this itinerary.

Thankyou for looking and any replies i get i will be grateful for ?

Hi

Trying so hard on the roll call of the ncl epic to sort out sharing excursions but nobody ever replies and i cannot believe that nobody isnt doing any tours. I can only pressume that they are doing them through the ship which seem so money.

Can somebody reply.

As we are docking at rome on July 30th it seems so expensive to go such a long way for only 7 hours. what have other people done who have done this itinerary.

It seems unusual for nobody to reply about tours on this itinerary. Every roll call I've been on for that route usually has lots of discussion about tours.

Personally, I very rarely would respond about private tours, not because I'm doing ship ones, but because I tend to do it myself if possible. If you really want to save money in Rome, the cheapest option is to take the train in yourself. It costs less than €10 for a return including metro travel in the city. I'd look into that if you really want to get into Rome and don't want to spend the money on a tour.

Hi

Can somebody reply.

Some roll calls are not as active as others.

I generally research each port for private tours. Sometimes you can book a tour on an individual basis with a private tour company. Check out viator, which sometimes has tours for your cruise as well.

If you can't find a going private tour to book individually, you can either book a ship's excursion, do the port yourself (check out Rick Steves guidebooks) or organize a tour yourself and solicit for other on your roll call.

Depending on the port, I have done all three.

At this late stage, I would suggest either:

1) Book a ship excursion in advance or once on board with the ShorEx desk.

2) Book an independent excursion just for your party by researching excursions ("activities") on TripAdvisor and pick a highly rated company that does ship excursions or work with your travel agent.

3) Look at tomsportguides.com for very detailed guides on your ports of call. He provide suggestions on ship excursions and information for folks who want to explore on their own.

Good luck and bon voyage.

Edited by kylenyc

Have you checked the port boards? Maybe you can call Rome in limo and see if there's a group you can join in all Italy ports. They only get rave reviews and I loved them. Cheaper and better than cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app