Do single person sailings ever have specials?

BellaBaci4

Sorry about your loss. It's very difficult, but good for you for thinking of traveling.

The amount you pay isn't a penalty, per se, but it's known as a single supplement. Unfortunately, Celebrity rarely has supplements lower than 200%. Once in a while you might find a cruise at 175% or 190%, but we've never seen a zero single supplement. One of our sons has cruised frequently on Celebrity and has always paid the full single fare of 200%.

How often does sailing single without a penalty happen? Is it a sailing off season type of thing? I'm not even sure if I could do it, just would like to know my options. I lost my husband very recently.

Bella

Hi BellaBaci,

Regarding Celebrity, single promotions are rare, but you can sometimes find them with Celebrity's Exciting Deals Promotions, which is generally published weekly. These are relatively close in sailings, where the single supplement *may* be less than 200%. Here's a link to the Exciting Deals : http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Also, Azamara is currently offering a number of 2014 & 2015 sailings, with only a 125% single suplement, which IMO, is a great deal for the solo cruiser. Here's a link to Azamara's current sailing list, offering the Single promotion : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/savings-singles

I'm very sorry for your loss. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask or email me. I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

I booked a verandah on Celebrity cruise to share with my mother.

But she might not be able to go, we don't know yet.

The cruise was prepaid on my credit card for both of us.

Will I have extra charges if she doesn't make it and I go solo?

Can I ask for her prepaid gratuities back?

I booked a verandah on Celebrity cruise to share with my mother.

But she might not be able to go, we don't know yet.

The cruise was prepaid on my credit card for both of us.

Will I have extra charges if she doesn't make it and I go solo?

Can I ask for her prepaid gratuities back?

If you're not past final payment date, she can get a full refund. If you're past final payment, she can get some money back, on a sliding scale, up to 14 days before the cruise when no money is refunded.

If she gets a refund, and you still want to cruise, you'll have to pay the full single supplement, minus one set of port taxes.

I got a very last minute Aqua Class cabin in May with no single supplement. Even my TA was shocked. But I did book only 3 days out.

Concierge was selling for about $3k, I got Aqua for myself for only $1200 7 day Bermuda on Summit.

But it is VERY rare on X.

I look at it more like the Cabin costs whatever amount, just like a hotel room does.

If I bring a second person who will contribute to the bill, then I'm getting it for half price, otherwise I'm paying the standard price.

Thanks for the answers.

I guess we'll take the risk, cause we'll not be sure until then.

I already payed for both of us so I just hope I can get her port expenses, gratuities back if she doesn't go.

You'll definitely get those things back if no one sails with you.

You can also change the name of the passenger up until close to sailing, I've heard different timelines as to 10, 7 or 4 days prior to sailing.

Often booking an inside is affordable for a single person. I did a cruise to Alaska last year. It was a 10 night (different cruise line). I paid $2000 for the room and it was great! I had the whole cabin to myself. Everything stayed super neat. I wouldn't hesitate to book an inside in the future. Next year I am traveling with my son and daughter in law. I am doing an outside cabin by myself. I look forward to it. Just shop around, whether it is Celebrity or another cruise line- you can find insides cheap.

That´s what I do, too - book inside cabins. That way you can find affordable cruises on different ships. My upcoming cruise is my first Celebrity cruise and I´m looking forward to it very much.

Celebrity Century Transpacific (SFO to Sydney) this September (23 nights) has some specials now for sinless sailing solo.

Penthouse is open for about $500 a night, as a solo....!

Special seems to apply to other cabin types as well as I was looking last night.

As Host Andy mentioned, once in a while you will see a smaller supplement in the exciting Deals (none this week). Also, if interested, RCL's similar weekly sale sometimes has lower supplements; this week there are a handful at 150%.

Ken

Just did a search on one of he larger online agencies. There are quite a few no supplement cruises leaving out of florida. They advertise no supplement but are really a few bucks more expensive than if you looked up doubles, but as a vrocchure price it is no supp. good deals.