North to Alaska, land/cruise tour on Ms. O

nana51

Just returned from seeing the sleddogs and their homes. Fun excursion and not too long. My friends who got up at 5: 00 a.m. to take the tundra wilderness tour loved it said they were so glad they got up. They saw a mama moose and 2 babies before they even went 500 feet. We are having dinner in the hotel tonight. Hope it goes better than breakfast. Really it hasn't been bad. How could it be we are in Alaska!

We are headed out to the ship today. We were one of the lucky few to ser my. McKinley in all it's glory. What a sight! Incre f bile. We feel so fortunate o have seen it. We stopped for a hosted lunch, which went very well a nd we are all nice and full for the last part of the d t I've. We have had sun every day.zaduremu.jpgbyderu6y.jpgmyzy4yde.jpg

Nana, I have been following your posts. They are most helpful as my wife and I will be taking the same trip sailing Aug 3rd. Your pictures, as beautiful as they are, also give us an idea of how to pack. It looks like a nice fall day here in the Northeast. Perfect! Cannot wait. Keep up the good work!! Hope to see as much wildlife as you have observed. Are you going to Jeff Kings husky camp?

Can anyone tell me if my wife and I can expect to see a full starry night sky while in Denali? I know the Northern Lights is out of the question but it would be nice to see a REAL starlit sky. Maybe the meteor shower? We will be there Aug 12-14?

What a nice pictures keep our memory alive we did the same trip on the Statendam last September and saw at our last day in Fairbanks on our way to the airport the Northern light jow lucky we were it really was by accident because it was too early in the time!!!

So may be you will see it to