North to Alaska, land/cruise tour on Ms. O

nana51

We left San Diego at 6:30 a.m. There are 7 women. We landed in Anchorage around 2:30. Headed over to the westmark hotel and checked n then had dinner in the hotel. The rooms are pretty worn out. The t.v.'s aren't character's and the wood n the dressers is all fade and chipped. The rooms are clean, the service is great and dinner was quite nice. Tomorrow we head out for the Potage glacier tour. I will post pictures. Here are a few from today in downtown Anchorage.

6ypa8yjy.jpge5adazar.jpge7evyjup.jpga3yju5uq.jpgygere2u2.jpg

Hope you have a nice time, in spite of the fact that Dive In isn't installed.

PLEASE! When you post pics, limit it to three URL's across, then start on another line! When you list them straight out it doubles the width of the screen, and requires a lot of scrolling to read every line of text in every post.

Thanks.

Thanks for pointing that out, Ruth. The format made it hard get a good look at the photos as you had to scroll across and sown repeatedly.

Looking forward to the rest of your to add excitement to our upcoming cruise there next month.

We left San Diego at 6:30 a.m. There are 7 women. We landed in Anchorage around 2:30. Headed over to the westmark hotel and checked n then had dinner in the hotel. The rooms are pretty worn out. The t.v.'s aren't character's and the wood n the dressers is all fade and chipped. The rooms are clean, the service is great and dinner was quite nice. Tomorrow we head out for the Potage glacier tour. I will post pictures. Here are a few from today in downtown Anchorage.

6ypa8yjy.jpg

e5adazar.jpg

e7evyjup.jpg

a3yju5uq.jpg

ygere2u2.jpg

RuthC, is this better?

Roy

RuthC, is this better?

Roy

We won't know until the thread goes to a new page. Once the page has started as a double wide, then every post has text that's double wide. Your text was too short to fill the space, but the quote was still double wide, making it necessary to scroll sideways to reach the "quote" button.

The way you listed the URLs would be the way to do it to prevent the problem from starting.

Today we slept in until 9:00 and really rested. We are breakfast at a little hole in the wall called Snow city cafe. Great food and very popular. Then we headed out to our excursions to Portage Gacier

Sorry. We had a great young driver called Garth. Very knowledgeable and sweet. We took a boat for a clear look. It was only about an hour long (on the boat) but we saw y he entire glacier. Then we headed to he Alaska conservation center. We saw moose, reindeer, bison, musk ox, black and brown bears and an eagle. Also quite a few elk. Had a great day. It lasted a total of 5 hours. Tomorrow we take the train to Denali.

I will write more later. Here is a quick update. Took the train to Denali yesterday. It started out rainy the the sun came out as we approached McKinley. So beautiful. We arrived at 5:e0 then took our water rafting trip at 6:00. GREAT! The hotel is fine. No wifi in rooms😦, so that is why I haven't updated. I'm doing this in the lobby. The weather and scenery is incredible. Here are a few pics.ehepazy8.jpg4y5egudu.jpg

Thanks for your review.....am loving it. You are helping me relive our Alaska memories!!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip - you will love the oosterdam!

Make sure you go whale watching in Juneau. It sounds like the communal feeding whales are still there. Bubble net feeding is a fantastic experience to see. When we went with Cpt. Larry, they did a bubble net right beside the boat then swam under and around us.

Have fun!

Are the seats on the train from Anchorage designated ? Or is the chioice your own? Thanks

Marilyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seats were assigned on Mt. McKinley Explorer, Denali to Anchorage - made it very easy. :)

Edited by PROCRUISE

The seats are designated. We loved the train. Be prepared, it takes a while to feed everyone. They start at 10:00 for breakfast and don't finish till lunch time. Lunch took almost to 3:00. But it was very nice. Our tour guide was Eve and she did a great job.

We got to the hotel at 5:15 and we're in our rooms right away.

The rooms are fine, a little old but they all have sitting rooms with a couch. Very nice. Much nicer than the Westmark in Anchorage. We left at 6:00 for our water rafting tri so no dinner for us. The trip was great and I felt very safe. 11 miles and lots of fun. We it back at 9:30 and there was no place to eat. Went to bed hungry. Our wilderness tour was at 5:40 a.m. in the morning. We tried to change to a later time, no go. We didn't know what time slot we would get until we got our packet on the train. Disappointing, so we cancelled.

This morn k Nguyen we head over to eat breakfast and only the buffet is open. None of us wanted all that food. However they don't sell a la carte until 9:00. We head to the Starbucks in the lobby with only 2 people working. Took g forever!! So finally we go back at 9:00 and hey have no a la carte, something about no cook. They send us to y he high end resturant in the hotel which served the same breakfast at the same prices. Why they didn't tell us this at 8:00 I don't know

We are o i Nguyen to see the dog shredders today. Tomorrow we head for the ship. The weather has been really lovely. Sunny again today.