Time difference

louiseemma1000

Hello all

This might sound like a silly question but i wonder if anybody could advise. On previous cruises we have been on no matter what the time is in a certain country we stick to the ship time. We sail from rome. We have booked a meal in santorini for 6.30. Santorini is an hour ahead of rome. Does that mean we will have to get there at 5.30 by our watch? We dock at 2.30, does this mean its 3.30 in santorini or do the times go by the country? Weve got a tour booked so need to work out the timings

Thank you :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Depends on the ship and the captain....

However when I sailed the Med last year,

ship time = local port time

But it's not a hard and fast rule, so always check what ship time is as you are about to cross the gangway

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ship time has always been adjusted to local port time on cruises that I have been on. It would be confusing otherwise particularly with sailing times which could be unfortunate if you got it wrong. The time zone changes are usually well publicised and at the least made fairly prominent in the daily activity sheets received each evening.

On celebrity ship time is almost always changed to match shore time. A couple of cruises in the Caribbean there was no change, but as someone said, it i up to the Captain and Hotel director, other cruise lines have been known to maintain the time of the originating port throughout the cruise, but on Celebrity there usually is a change and it is announced in the daily program, and usually the waiters say something about it at dinner, too.

Every time we have sailed Celebrity, ship's time always matched local time. Recently did the British Isles cruise which made a port call in Le Havre on the first day after departing Harwich. Time was changed the first night to match French time and back again the second night to match British time for the rest of the cruise. Have a GREAT trip.