anyone cruised gluten free/nut free with Serenade of the Seas?

We cruised on Rhapsody in 2011, but I'm just wondering what's new and what might be different on Serenade. I'm reading that gluten free pizza is now available on some ships. Anyone know if that's true on Serenade? This would definitely make my kids happy. They'd also be ecstatic if there is a dedicated fryer so they can have french fries.

The peanut/tree nut allergy is somewhat new so we weren't thinking about nuts when on Rhapsody so hints on that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I don't know if this is new to you or not but as well as GF pizza and fries on other ships I've been able to get (with varying success flavour-wise) :

Mashed potatoes

Pasta

Muffins

French toast

Pancakes

Bagels

Buns in Johnny Rockets

Cup cakes

Cookies and cakes from Latte-tudes

The savoury bites they serve at dinner are made from potato flour.....

Please confirm all the above with your servers.

Linda

Hi

I was GF on Voyager last year and nothing was a problem they made me a full pizza in Windjammer when I asked also got GF bun and burger in Johnny Rockets just popped in at luchtime to make sure they would have it for dinner and it was not a problem, just ask for GF biscuits or rolls they are all pre packed, cookies are nice.

I have sailed 3 times on NCL with the Celiac daughter and they have been fantastic. I hope RCCL is just as good.

The only thing that concerns me is that the dining room is not open on embarkation day like it is on NCL and my daughter absolutely can not eat from the buffet(Windjammer). Where has everyone gone on embarkation day?

I have sailed 3 times on NCL with the Celiac daughter and they have been fantastic. I hope RCCL is just as good.

The only thing that concerns me is that the dining room is not open on embarkation day like it is on NCL and my daughter absolutely can not eat from the buffet(Windjammer). Where has everyone gone on embarkation day?

Ask to talk with the managing chef in Windjammer. They can direct you to the proper foods.

The dining room also is not open on port days.

I am concerned as week-my 23 month old has a soy and peanut allergy. I emailed special needs to let them know and received an email back that he should not eat in the Windjammer. Not exactly sure what we are going to do when the MDR is closed. We are on Freedom of the Seas next month.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am concerned as week-my 23 month old has a soy and peanut allergy. I emailed special needs to let them know and received an email back that he should not eat in the Windjammer. Not exactly sure what we are going to do when the MDR is closed. We are on Freedom of the Seas next month.

Cafe Promenade and/or Sorrento's might be options. Also Johnny Rocket's, for an extra charge.