our OV quad guar just got assigned today

but it is very near the elevators. I noticed that there is another quad cabin 6 doors down, can I request that cabin instead if it is in the same category that our current cabin is in?

Our TA said "no" but I think she is new because she also said I can't put "upgrades ok" on our booking (she said you can only request upgrade availability once we board the ship -- which we experienced carnival cruisers know is NOT true).

I usually book my own cruise but used this online TA because we got $50 obc.

Edited by Cruisin' Lisa

but it is very near the elevators. I noticed that there is another quad cabin 6 doors down' date=' can I request that cabin instead if it is in the same category that our current cabin is in?

Our TA said "no" but I think she is new because she also said I can't put "upgrades ok" on our booking (she said you can only request upgrade availability once we board the ship -- which we experienced carnival cruisers know is NOT true).

I usually book my own cruise but used this online TA because we got $50 obc.[/quote']

Why don't you want to be near an elevator? I guess you think it's loud and noisy? Or perhaps you like to walk further.:p

Seriously, I book all of our cruises as close to the elevator as i can get and have never heard any extra noise.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you choose to do.:)

Bill

but it is very near the elevators. I noticed that there is another quad cabin 6 doors down' date=' can I request that cabin instead if it is in the same category that our current cabin is in?

I usually book my own cruise but used this online TA because we got $50 obc.[/quote']

Issue is, since you booked with a TA you can't call Carnival and request it. Your TA would have to.

Agree with Oceanlover. We have been right next to an elevator and to me it was much more convenient. We did not have to walk all the way down the hall to get to the elevator. There was no excess noise around that location at all. And, we were in the aft 2 decks below the lido buffet so lots of traffic. I say stick with the room near the elevator as it is much more convenient.

We aim to get cabins near elevators. If that important to you to change, request that your TA call, but I would be happy with that location.

And it might become your new favorite location:D Unless I book a PT, being close to an elevator is my choice.

I too have been concerned about our cabin as a portion appears to back up to an elevator. Even booking 13 months out there wasn't much in H/C cabins that were available. We are on the Sunshine in FEB but have to say the cabin across from the elevators on the Freedom were fantastic with no noise. Just hoping the same on the Sunshine.

your ta is correct. You booked a guarantee and took a chance. TO book that cabin 6 doors away youwould have to pay the going rate.

Also did the agent explain that although you are now assigned it is not set in stone and you could be moved up til sailing date. Always check with the porter the cabin assignment before youhand over luggage

I prefer my balcony by the elevator and will book 7409 each time

Edited by serene56

I agree with the rest about being near the elevators. BUT do consider that on some ships there is an opening between the glass elevator banks and the start of the cabin hallways that is open to the lobby atrium. When they have a band/singer playing in the atrium that sound can carry up through there. Not a big issue is you don't go to sleep early as that singer is normally done by 11pm... but its still there. As for noise from the elevators themselves? no..

I have stayed in the cabins closest to the elevators twice, and never had a problem with noise, bells, or heavy traffic from them, or any loud conversations others than when other passengers are going to dinner, or very late at night with those having trouble finding their rooms (to much to drink). I think you'll be fine in this area, and wouldn't worry about any noise. Enjoy your cruise:)

I agree with the rest about being near the elevators. BUT do consider that on some ships there is an opening between the glass elevator banks and the start of the cabin hallways that is open to the lobby atrium. When they have a band/singer playing in the atrium that sound can carry up through there. Not a big issue is you don't go to sleep early as that singer is normally done by 11pm... but its still there. As for noise from the elevators themselves? no..

We had a cabin directly as you got off elevators (8265) a couple weeks ago on the Splendor. It was a guarantee and when I saw location I was worried. However, as others said -- VERY convenient, no extra noise, no cabin across from us and at night when there were bands/singers in the atrium lobby, the heavy double doors were closed and there was NO noise. We loved the location!

I love being near elevators. I've actually stayed right outside of forward elevators (where you can literally open the cabin door and look right out to the glass elevator area). Never ever heard a thing and very very quiet at night. When morning arrives, you might hear people talking as they walk right by your cabin..no different if your cabin was located further down any hallway. It's a great location, and I always try to book near them..so convenient.

Edited by abisha

Not on Conquest class. If you are in ocean view, you are on Riviera or Main deck. Band is playing in Atrium which is up a level and has no effect.

I love being near elevators. I've actually stayed right outside of forward elevators (where you can literally open the cabin door and look right out to the glass elevator area). Never ever heard a thing and very very quiet at night. When morning arrives, you might hear people talking as they walk right by your cabin..no different if your cabin was located further down any hallway. It's a great location, and I always try to book near them..so convenient.

Can't wait for our balcony is September, room 10266 on Breeze... Give or take a few steps but 20 to the elevator and 40 to the Lido deck... I figure by weeks end I will have saved a few hrs to 4 hrs saved from walking and riding elevators from decks 1-4.. Now that time can be turned into other enjoyable cruise things to do.

Why don't you want to be near an elevator? I guess you think it's loud and noisy? Or perhaps you like to walk further.:p

Seriously, I book all of our cruises as close to the elevator as i can get and have never heard any extra noise.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you choose to do.:)

Bill

I agree with Bill. Being close to the elevator is a plus IMO.

I agree with this and it was my experience on my first cruise (Valor) when our cabin was near the atrium. However I have been near elevators on 2 other cruises, including the Valor a 2nd time, but not near the atrium, and they were just fine.