Well, that was short lived...

EasyBreezy83

I posted a few days ago that I was so excited to finally have a personal cruise planner from Carnival.... Well, I got one e-mail response from her, and then haven't heard back from her in days. Back to planning on my own. I guess it was fun while it lasted.. for a day! LOL :rolleyes:

I posted a few days ago that I was so excited to finally have a personal cruise planner from Carnival.... Well, I got one e-mail response from her, and then haven't heard back from her in days. Back to planning on my own. I guess it was fun while it lasted.. for a day! LOL :rolleyes:

You can't call her??

I COULD, but it's easier to e-mail.. and since I've already sent her an email with some questions in response to some questions she asked me via email, I would expect my cruise planner to respond to the email. :confused:

I've always planned on my own anyway, so I don't care THAT much.. it was just nice to think that they finally assigned me a planner. Oh well.

Where as to you and I it is simpler to use email, I got the distinct impression they would rather talk on the phone. I sent an email when I saw a price drop my guy emailed right back and said call me, we can go over this. I did call him, but got his voice mail. less than a half hour later (I hadn't left a message) he called me (not knowing who he was calling back as I used a different number) and we went over what I thought might be a price reduction. This time it wasn't. I have a better upgraded balcony area on the ship, and the rate I had thought would be cheaper was actually for the front of the ship, not mid area. I guess as easier it is for you to do email, sometimes it really is just quicker on the phone to get answers. That might be how your PVP feels.

Edited by Rh2458

Where as to you and I it is simpler to use email, I got the distinct impression they would rather talk on the phone. I sent an email when I saw a price drop my guy emailed right back and said call me, we can go over this. I did call him, but got his voice mail. less than a half hour later (I hadn't left a message) he called me (not knowing who he was calling back as I used a different number) and we went over what I thought might be a price reduction. This time it wasn't. I have a better upgraded balcony area on the ship, and the rate I had thought would be cheaper was actually for the front of the ship, not mid area. I guess as easier it is for you to do email, sometimes it really is just quicker on the phone to get answers. That might be how your PVP feels.

Doesn't seem to me that it should be all about the PVP and how they want to do things. If the OP chooses to use email, the PVP should respect that, after all the OP is the customer. If it comes down to accommodating Carnival (PVP) or myself -- easy choice.

I had a post awhile ago about my first PVP I used for my upcoming cruise.

She was nice as pie, booked my cruise, I even referred her to friends, which they used her too. I called and emailed her several times.... never a response. I was polite every time.. can't figure it out either. After close to 20 cruises for me why I decided to use a PVP? I guess I wanted to give her some business. I always before used 1800 carnival. never a problem. I will also go back to my old ways.

Doesn't seem to me that it should be all about the PVP and how they want to do things. If the OP chooses to use email, the PVP should respect that, after all the OP is the customer. If it comes down to accommodating Carnival (PVP) or myself -- easy choice.

My thinking exactly!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

I had a post awhile ago about my first PVP I used for my upcoming cruise.

She was nice as pie, booked my cruise, I even referred her to friends, which they used her too. I called and emailed her several times.... never a response. I was polite every time.. can't figure it out either. After close to 20 cruises for me why I decided to use a PVP? I guess I wanted to give her some business. I always before used 1800 carnival. never a problem. I will also go back to my old ways.

I've always booked online. This last one I used the 800 number and got a good deal, so I think I'll do that again. This waiting around for my planner to respond for days is not working for me.

I was going to explain what a phone is for but never mind. smh

I think we all know what a phone is for.... lol Sorry, I can't tell if you're trying to insult me, or someone else? ... Or what that comment was about.. :what:

My pvp wanted to call me as well. Email is so much easier for me...if I'm at work I can't be on the phone about a cruise at the whim of my pvp. Today's world is electronic and any pvp who refuses to communicate by email will lose my business. It would be like carnival not having a website...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My pvp wanted to call me as well. Email is so much easier for me...if I'm at work I can't be on the phone about a cruise at the whim of my pvp. Today's world is electronic and any pvp who refuses to communicate by email will lose my business. It would be like carnival not having a website...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Totally agree. I'm at work almost every day, so I have to do this via email. I can't just chat about a cruise at work.

I can talk a LOT faster than I can type so I always prefer to call. Plus I like to know things are being handled right then and there not wondering if they saw the email.

Maybe your PVP is having issues with their email or it's getting flagged to spam or something. Who knows. I would call first and see if they have received them. Then if they don't want to get back to you by email, find a different one or book online.

They should be checking up on me. I'm the customer, and if they haven't heard from me in a few days I think they should contact me. I know how to book a cruise, so I'm not chasing my planner around.

Never call her after the first date. She'll control the relationship from that day on. Do you know anything about cruise booking courtship. :p

AWESOME POST!!! lol!!!! :thumbup::D;)

We have had a number of planners randomly call us. But when we were ready to book, no one was around. We booked three cruises in the last month, for a total of 6 rooms, 42 days, three cruise lines. Did them all on line. We felt bad they did not get their commission, but customer service was just lacking there, and excellent on line with the home offices. I agree with a previous poster. WE are the customers.

Totally agree. I'm at work almost every day, so I have to do this via email. I can't just chat about a cruise at work.

What's interesting is everything you have to do for the cruise must be done online. Our first few cruises I found it so exciting to get all of our cruise docs, luggage tags etc. in the mail, now they won't send anything, everything has to be done online. Except when you want to contact them online, they expect a phonecall. Strange.

Whenever I send my PVP an email, he always calls me back within an acceptable amount of time ... depending on when I sent it.