Well, that was short lived...

EasyBreezy83

I posted a few days ago that I was so excited to finally have a personal cruise planner from Carnival.... Well, I got one e-mail response from her, and then haven't heard back from her in days. Back to planning on my own. I guess it was fun while it lasted.. for a day! LOL :rolleyes:

If you do not like or find your assigned PVP is unresponsive, call Carnival and tell them to get you someone else.

When our original PVP stopped working to become a full time mom, they assigned us to this naif that irritated the snot out of me in one phone call. Can we say pushy, boys and girls?

I called and got one who would not return calls and never answered his phone nor his e-mail. Same drill, with this one.

The third one seemed to have no clue what he was doing. I called, sighed, and said to give me one of the good PVPs.

Boy, did they do that. My PVP stays in touch, does not get pushy, helps with issues, and gives suggestions to make our experience better. I do like him a lot.

Doc

Edited by DocF
improved word flow for better understanding

My pvp wanted to call me as well. Email is so much easier for me...if I'm at work I can't be on the phone about a cruise at the whim of my pvp. Today's world is electronic and any pvp who refuses to communicate by email will lose my business. It would be like carnival not having a website...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For all of you who are condeming the PVPs for not responding by e-mails, Carnival has a policy where the PVPs cannot book through e-mails. They can communicate back and forth with you but they cannot book a cruise. It has to be done over the phone. At least that's what our PVP told me.

Remember too that it's during the summer months. They deserve a vacation just like the rest of us. I would give them at least a week before I gave up on them.

I posted a few days ago that I was so excited to finally have a personal cruise planner from Carnival.... Well, I got one e-mail response from her, and then haven't heard back from her in days. Back to planning on my own. I guess it was fun while it lasted.. for a day! LOL :rolleyes:

We've had the same PVP for our last four Carnival Cruises, since early 2010. She is great; with each cruise it became easier and easier to book because she had all of our information, etc. We booked early saver in 2011, and I didn't need to complete the price drop form because she did it for us. I'm guessing she keeps a database of all the folks she has dealt with, so the information is right there for her. As soon as I email her to request pricing, etc., she emails me back within 15-30 minutes. Once we decide what we want, she will call us to firm up the plans. Prior to using the PVP, we booked directly thru Carnival and the 800 number and we had good results taking that route too.

Doesn't seem to me that it should be all about the PVP and how they want to do things. If the OP chooses to use email, the PVP should respect that, after all the OP is the customer. If it comes down to accommodating Carnival (PVP) or myself -- easy choice.

Outside of the business world, I prefer phone conversations as they seem more personal. For business, I prefer to get everything in writing with email. Carnival may be recording their phone calls, but I don't have access to them if there is a problem.

I have had the same PVP since 2009, and have booked three cruises with her. I like her a lot. She has quickly learned not to call me repetitively about specials etc, because she knows my limitations, in that I cannot cruise every year, and some times the cruises are three or four years apart, but she stays in touch by email, and occasionally when she knows that a good deal for "me", ie solo etc comes up she will call me.

I can call her anytime with a question, and she will respond either by email or phone call very quickly, but when it comes to price quotes...she will absolutely not quote anything by email, and requests I call her for those questions. I have no problem with that. I understand OP's reluctance to call, since she is working so much, but my PVP works till 7pm mostly, and will even call me at home later than that from her home. So OP, just let your PVP know that you are working during business hours, and let her know when she can call you at home, and she probably will.

If for whatever reason, you continue to not like your pvp, you can either call 1 800 number and request another, or as you have said, go back to booking online. PVPs cant get you a better price, but it could be handy to have one to call when issues come up last minute.

Good luck and happy cruising.

I haven't even gotten to point of booking. She gave me 1 booking to look at. I responded to her with questions on that booking and what else that had close to that. So I can understand not being able to book via email, but we haven't even got that far... I've had ONE email from her. ONE.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Edited by EasyBreezy83

I haven't even gotten to point of booking. She gave me 1 booking to look at. I responded to her with questions on that booking and what else that had close to that. So I can understand not being able to book via email, but we haven't even got that far... I've had ONE email from her. ONE.

Are you sure she received your email? Sometimes glitches happen.

Sorry to hear your PVP isn't working, call and ask for a new one if you need to.

I have had the same PVP since 2008 and he has helped book more than 100 cruises between friends and family that I have referred to him. He is spot on all the time when it comes to handling all of our cruising needs.

I have been told by my PVP that sometimes they don't get your emails. Their company email has a spam filter which blocks emails from time to time. Try resending your email with a comment such as "Just in case you missed this the first time. Looking forward to hearing from you/booking with you, etc."

i have never used my so called personal vacation planner. i have never booked through him or even talked to him. he is just someone who cold calls me and leaves messages on my cell phone, home phone and email blasts me. it is very annoying. 2 days ago i was mock booking a cruise to see the price and forgot to turn off my vifp#. with in an hour he called my cell phone and home phone and left messages on both. he also emailed me twice in the hour span. today i called the 800# and booked with the person who answered. i do all the research my self.

I know the OP prefers to communicate thru email with their PVP but after reading this thread I have a question about PVP's. I have had the same one since 2007 and I think she's fantastic, has helped me, family and friends book cruises multiple times. She keeps all my preferences and information, so booking is super easy! She has also given me her cell phone number so if I need to contact her ASAP I can and I thought this was the norm, is it not? Does anyone else have their PVP's cell phone number too? TIA!

So, why is it that we can't share names of our planners?

Yeah, why can't we?

I to am like you, EasyBreezy, I do all my research, figure out where I'm going, ship, room, everything. I'm basically an easy booking, but I do have a few questions and I like them answered immediately. Sometimes answers via email are kinda vague, I like human contact better.

What is the benefit of having your own PVP? Does the PVP handle the price drops for you? I think I'll give this PVP that was listed on my most recent emailing from Carnival a call. We're looking to go in February 2015. Let's see if he'll answer...........

Edited by seasearider59

Yeah, why can't we?

I to am like you, EasyBreezy, I do all my research, figure out where I'm going, ship, room, everything. I'm basically an easy booking, but I do have a few questions and I like them answered immediately. Sometimes answers via email are kinda vague, I like human contact better.

What is the benefit of having your own PVP? Does the PVP handle the price drops for you? I think I'll give this PVP that was listed on my most recent emailing from Carnival a call. We're looking to go in February 2015. Let's see if he'll answer...........

i don't believe the pvp will handle the price drop automatically. you would have to find the price drop yourself and then call him. in my eyes there is no advantage. i am like you i do all my research and when i am ready to book i have everything down like price, room i want etc. i also won't book through a travel agent because i check everyday once i book for a price drop and fill out the online form for the obc. if you go through a travel agent you can't do anything on carnival. you would have to contact the travel agent and have them call for the obc. that's a pain in the butt. some would argue that their travel agent checks for lower prices, but i think that would be a rare thing. what travel agent has time to constantly check for price drops for all their clients.

Have to laugh.....that is their MO.....we have tried 3 different PVP's......none of them worth the time it takes to either email or call! You are right.....just do it yourself....you are far more efficient....LOL!

Honestly, I much prefer to conduct such business via email. It leaves a traceable path of accountability for both parties involved. I see nothing wrong with communicating via Email with your PVP.

Honestly, I much prefer to conduct such business via email. It leaves a traceable path of accountability for both parties involved. I see nothing wrong with communicating via Email with your PVP.

i'm with you. carnival wants it done on the phone because they record the conversation for any future unforeseen problems, that way they have audio confirmations to use in any litigation.

I think my PVP must work 24/7; she always answers the phone no matter what time of day or night I call. If she's on the line with someone else, she asks if she can call me back. And she does--usually within about 10-20 minutes. Sometimes about 5. I do have her email but never used it.

I too do all my own research and basically call her to book. But verify all the info I "think" I know with her at the booking. Plus, she has all my info and can check my stuff within minutes. I've never had to mail in my FCCs; she handles it over the phone. She apparently has my info linked with friends' info so she easily/instantly links our dining etc, even before I ask! When booking the last cruise, I told her she was reading my mind! Yes, she's that good. I think she's been with CCL about 7-8 years, and as long as she's there, she will be "my PVP"!

Yes, I wish we were allowed to share actual names, but we cant'! :)

I'm go to be honest and say I haven't read every post here, but when I read this and similar posts I ask myself how did I find such a good PVP back in 2001 who I still use today. She's the only person I will deal with when booking and she's never let us down. I will say that she doesn't usually do email and will call me back if I email her with a question, which is rare, usually prefer to here a voice on the phone. So to those who have bad luck with their PVP's I'm sorry to read that I just got lucky I guess. Like someone else said here, usually I have all the general info on what I want to book before even calling and just have her do the finalizations of things. Happy cruising everyone.

Rich

What I think is funny with the situation I have going on now with looking at cruises to book now is everyone else in our group is getting calls and emails BUT me. I am always the one that is the planner for all of our group vacations and I am the one always logging in to my Carnival account but everyone else that is linked to me gets the phone calls and emails. I handle everything and I get no contact. The pvp that called my friend the other night said that she got notice that I logged in and that she was calling to see if we had any questions...well why don't you call me miss helpful...lol SMH! We had a WONDERFUL pvp when we started cruising back in 07 but after 3 or 4 years she moved on from Carnival...hopefully the guy that John H. recommended me will be just as fantastic!!! Fingers crossed!!!:D