PAx please

Watson's aunt

Hi

on my last cruise Amsterdam to Alaska, I never heard so many people letting thier door bang shut. It happened all hours of day and night.. How hard is it to hold the door and pull it shut and not let it bang shaking every cabin around them

Mary

I know it's annoying, but on one cruise the cabin door would not latch properly if I closed the door carefully. I tried to avoid slamming too hard, but I did need to either close it forcibly or rattle it after it closed. And yes, I did report the issue to the ship and they sent maintenance to look at it, but the problem did not correct itself during my cruise.

I know it probably bothered my neighbors, but I needed to be sure my door latched properly. I tried to be as considerate as possible, but I did slam the door more than I normally would have that cruise. I explained to the one neighbor who caught me slamming the door, but I was not about to tell everyone else my door latch had a problem and there was a chance they could help themselves to my cabin.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt or I'll wait in the hall to catch them and have a nice word with them. Sometimes that's all it takes.