Changing dining time

ser55

I'm thinking of booking a late deal on equinox for October. Trouble is, only fixed dining times are showing - 6pm and 8:30pm . DH and I much prefer select dining, but there's not an option for this, not even a "wait list" option. Does anyone know, if I pre-pay my grats and just choose an option, can I change to select once on board? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can change dining options onboard, without prepaying the gratuities. I've done it several times, switching from assigned dining to anytime dining.

but only if select is available once you are onboard. If it is still full you won't be able to switch to it.

You can only change on board to select dining if there's space available. If it's not showing for booking now, I suspect that's because it's full. That doesn't mean it will remain that way, but I don't think you should book the cruise expecting to be able to change to select dining.

You might want to call Celebrity and ask about availability before you book if this is critical to you.

Good luck!

Edited by Turtles06

I would like early seating but it is not available so I had to take Select Dining and prepay gratuities- which I don't mind prepaying the gratuities...

Bur I really like having the same table and the same server each night. I like getting to know our waitstaff. This is our first Celebrity cruise- hopefully we will be able to switch to early seating once on board...

I would like early seating but it is not available so I had to take Select Dining and prepay gratuities- which I don't mind prepaying the gratuities...

Bur I really like having the same table and the same server each night. I like getting to know our waitstaff. This is our first Celebrity cruise- hopefully we will be able to switch to early seating once on board...

When you get on board go directly to the MDR and someone will be there to help you if you can change it.

When you get on board go directly to the MDR and someone will be there to help you if you can change it.

Thanks :) That is what I am going to do... First time on Celebrity and REALLY looking forward to it. A week from today!!

It can be changed. When I booked our last cruise I went to change the dining time as soon as we got on. There were about 10 people ahead of me and I still got the time I wanted. We also didn't get on board the ship until about 2:30, but I would go asap. Good luck and enjoy the cruise.