First cruise after a transatlantic

saltwaterfan

You only have one westbound cruise in your past cruises, how could you have done it twice:confused:

I was referring to December 2013 TA, ending FLL which was such a disaster:eek:

And I was referring to the 2 transatlantic cruises I have done 1 each side of the pond to point out that there not all bad & you can in my opinion make it a little easier 😎 I wouldn't rule out a cruise because of 1 bad experience...

I may have only done 4 cruises so far but on each one we've got up early to disembark and all 4 times it's been an absolute breeze!! I plan on sticking to a winning system until I am proved otherwise! 😊

I was on the first cruise after the TA on Equinox in Rome in 2012. If I didn't already know that fact because of the interaction here on CC with people who booked both the TA and our cruise I never would have known. It was a great cruise, the staff was great. I would have no problem booking another like this.....I say go for it, don't even think about it and have a great cruise.

I just realized you are coming westbound, not eastbound......don't know that scenario and from what I've read here could be a bit more of a delay this way.....still...I wouldn't let it stop from a cruise I want to go on...

Edited by Gracie115

Somewhat new to cruising, I have an opportunity to take a cruise scheduled in Nov 2015 on the Equinox. Is there any reason to wait until the second cruise after the transatlantic or would the first cruise be fine. I'm sure there are people who have done both and may have an opinion.

We have done the first sailing after the crossing the last two years, Ruby Princess in 2012, and the Reflection last yr. And we are booked on the 1st sailing of the Equinox this Nov 2014 that you are looking at for 2015. The Reflection last yr was one of the best 7 days we have experienced.

And I was referring to the 2 transatlantic cruises I have done 1 each side of the pond to point out that there not all bad & you can in my opinion make it a little easier I wouldn't rule out a cruise because of 1 bad experience...

I may have only done 4 cruises so far but on each one we've got up early to disembark and all 4 times it's been an absolute breeze!! I plan on sticking to a winning system until I am proved otherwise!

The thread was taking about westbound TAs , and then you throw in talk about an eastbound , really !

You can compared getting off in Euroland the same as FLL, because it is like night and day

I have done both ways twice, never again

Edited by Airbalancer

We did the first cruise after TA on RCI. First day most of the bars were still being stocked and we couldn't even get a bloody mary. Second day was better and by the second evening everything was back to normal.

There was a lot of new crew onboard and the first day some things were slower than others.

Other than that it was no different than any other Carib. cruise.

The thread was taking about westbound TAs , and then you throw in talk about an eastbound , really !

You can compared getting off in Euroland the same as FLL, because it is like night and day

I have done both ways twice, never again

And I have done one that ended in FLL and had no problems? I was just also saying I've done one each way and had no problems... West or East bound!!

You say you've done 1 or 2 west bound crossing which I have done 1... You had a bad experience I had a great experience... I never said or implied it made me right & you wrong I was just stating I had no issues getting off in Florida... 😄

Trust me when getting off in euroland... (Which actually doesn't exist!!😁) but let's call it England... There are also crew changes with limited customs and believe it or not the same amount of people leaving the ship as does in Florida so from my experience not that far apart as night & day!!

Okie dokie people give it a rest! The OP did not ask about a TA, they wanted to know about the next sailing after the ship crossed. Nothing else.

Actually they did!!! They asked how the cruise after the TRANSATLANTIC would be affected by the TRANSATLANTIC crossing ending!!

Plus if you don't like the posts don't read them... Don't know who made you the head teacher! 😱

Somewhat new to cruising, I have an opportunity to take a cruise scheduled in Nov 2015 on the Equinox. Is there any reason to wait until the second cruise after the transatlantic or would the first cruise be fine. I'm sure there are people who have done both and may have an opinion.

Actually they did!!! They asked how the cruise after the TRANSATLANTIC would be affected by the TRANSATLANTIC crossing ending!!

Plus if you don't like the posts don't read them... Don't know who made you the head teacher!

They are asking if they should sail the first cruise that leaves after the crossing or the second. No one made me anything, I simply asked to stick to the question. So which have you done and which would you recommend?

I commented because we are boarding the Equinox this year when you get off, thus doing the first sailing after the crossing, which is what the OP is looking at booking for 2015.

Edited by wallie5446

They are asking if they should sail the first cruise that leaves after the crossing or the second. No one made me anything, I simply asked to stick to the question. So which have you done and which would you recommend?

I commented because we are boarding the Equinox this year when you get off, thus doing the first sailing after the crossing, which is what the OP is looking at booking for 2015.

As with many threads they do go off from the main point a little as did this one... Sorry head teacher I won't do it again!! 😱 or will I... 😂

My initial post was replying to a post in this thread stating getting off ships at the end of a transatlantic crossings was a bad experience... I was just pointing out I had a great quick hassle free experience leaving the ship thus saying it's not always a bad thing!!

As for a cruise after a transatlantic crossing the fact it might take an hour extra or 2 to board wouldn't stop me doing a cruise neither would I be bothered by new crew joining as that happens at a lot of ports if it fit with what I want & when I want to go then surely that's the main reason for going!! 😎

As for a cruise after a transatlantic crossing the fact it might take an hour extra or 2 to board wouldn't stop me doing a cruise neither would I be bothered by new crew joining as that happens at a lot of ports if it fit with what I want & when I want to go then surely that's the main reason for going!!

Absolutely!

Our frustration stemmed from trying to get through eveything and make a (somewhat) early flight. There are really no kind words to express how bleak the immigration process was following the Equinox westbound transatlantic crossing this past December.

When we do another transatlantic, and we will... we will just schedule a later flight. After all, waiting at the airport is why Sky Clubs were created. ;)

My wife and I have not been able to take TA cruise yet due to work schedules, but we want to do so. We would probably take one which ends in Europe. Anyone have any experiences with the 1st cruise after the TA in that situation?

My wife and I have not been able to take TA cruise yet due to work schedules, but we want to do so. We would probably take one which ends in Europe. Anyone have any experiences with the 1st cruise after the TA in that situation?

Yes, Equinox out of Rome in 2012....wonderful cruise, never even considered the fact that it was after a TA. One of the best trips we've ever had.

BINGO!

We sailed on the westbound Equinox transatlantic this past fall and disembarkation was lengthy and no fun at all. A friend that also cruised with us reminded me that the government slowdown was also occurring during that time, so I'm betting that had an impact as well. Not sure how delayed embarkation was that day...

I boarded the Equinox after the TA in December and it was delayed about 2 hours.

I would have no problem booking the first cruise after a TA again; however, I'd likely arrive a bit later to the port.

Edited by lovemylab

Before the internet police check my credentials I just want to duck in n ask where does Aus sit on what side of what pond!! :p:D

The other side of the world!! 😎