Christmas Markets in Bruges

I was going to Bruges end of November this year (29th) and I looked and the Christmas markets were on then. However my cruise was then cancelled and I'm going the beginning of November now - and I don't think the markets are on then - sorry.

According to this link they don't start til the 21st November

http://www.christmasmarkets.com/Belgium.html

Thank you.

We are taking son and daughter in law on a 2 night trip on Azura in October.

The daughter in law wants to see what it's like on a cruise ship, hence the booking, and she mentioned Christmas markets as we are visiting Bruges.

I know, I know, 2 nighters are nuts. But I reckon the two of them, mid 20's, will party hearty with the others onboard.

It's going to be fun:eek:

I think you will all enjoy Bruges anyway - there's atmosphere and lots of little shops to look at. Lots of chocolate shops as you can imagine as well. A nice place to wander around without Christmas markets. :)

There is a lovely Christmas shop all year as already mentioned and it's lovely. Bought things there in the middle of summer.

We are going middle of December so I know the markets will be on then. Check on your cruise Personaliser, ours shows Bruges markets and Brussels markets as excursions.

It may be worth having a look there also.

We are taking our Daughter and Partner on a 4 nighter next year on Ventura as a taster. Hoping that 4 nights may have less Hen nights than the 2 night ones get .

A 4 nighter should be fine. We've done one and it was lovely.

There wasn't one available while they are off work and that was the right price, seeing as we are paying to go with them and 'helping' with their costs.

Pretty sure we will be doing the 'Taste of Bruges' trip so we will look for the shop that's been mentioned.

I know they will enjoy the party atmosphere if it turns into the usual 2 night party cruise. I'll just need to explain to DIL that it won't be like that on a longer trip. Really, she just want to experience being on a cruise ship before saving up and committing to a cruise holiday next year. My son has cruised before and is keen to go on another.

I think you will all enjoy Bruges anyway - there's atmosphere and lots of little shops to look at. Lots of chocolate shops as you can imagine as well. A nice place to wander around without Christmas markets. :)

Lovely place & DELICIOUS chocolate. we got caught out one year, when we'd chosen all our chocs for us & for presents & the shop informed us they only took cash. NO cards of any kind! We just managed to scrape together enough!!