Caribe Hilton

Colbycat

We are staying one night pre cruise at this hotel. It looks gorgeous. I was wondering what there is around the hotel? Things to do? Places to eat? I heard the restaurants on the hotel premises were expensive. Where would you recommend to go for an authentic dinner at a reasonable price?

We are staying one night pre cruise at this hotel. It looks gorgeous. I was wondering what there is around the hotel? Things to do? Places to eat? I heard the restaurants on the hotel premises were expensive. Where would you recommend to go for an authentic dinner at a reasonable price?

Nothing really close by. Walk across the bridge towards the Condado area (towards the other Hilton property). This will take about 10-15 minutes, then walk along Ashford St. and there are lots of restaurants. Menus are posted outside so you can 'shop' for supper. Walking along the restaurant strip of Ashford could take another 15 minutes or so depending on when you choose to stop.

We stayed there 1 night post cruise last September and ate at the Pina Colada Club at the hotel. Wasn't very expensive and the portions were huge. Authentic food too - I would highly recommend it.

We stayed August 2013, we ate pool side for snacks in the late afternoon then Morton's for dinner they had a three course meal for $30. The food was fantastic and they had several options to chose from. I heard they have an amazing happy hour with great prices. There is also a Subway just outside the lobby area which we didn't try. Starbucks in the lobby too. We liked it so much we will be going back in November.

We've stayed at the Caribe many times it's very nice. The comments above pretty much sum up the dining nearby. Subway is good for lunch if you're at the hotel:)

We used to like the Pina Colada Club onsite, but the last couple years we felt it was neither "authentic" or reasonable. Won't go back. Much better to walk across the bridge to the Condado area. Actually you can get a better lunch at better prices on the second floor restaurant of the Condado Hilton which is just across the water from the Caribe.

For dinner, even better yet visit Old San Juan. You really shouldn't miss it if you're overnight so close by at the Caribe and LOTS of great restaurants. 10.00 taxi each way is well worth it to visit OSJ. Of you can figure out the bus schedule and do it real cheap.:D

Thank you for all of your replies. We are going to see how we feel after such an early morning flight, but I am hoping to head to OSJ for dinner. Maybe take the bus down and a taxi back? Any downtown suggestions?

For dinner book in advance at MARMALADE

Great food at a reasonable price.

If you are thinking of more than one night stay, then consider El Convento and dine Marmalade.

Reminder. Book in advance as it is very popular with Cruisers and Locals

Look on the Morton's web site for their early night and late night happy hour specials. Good deals. There are occasionally 'specials' on some of the blender drinks at the pool bar.

It is easy to grab a taxi to Old San Juan for dinner or a walkabout, but it is also easy to just stay and enjoy the resort. Hammocks. Pools. Pool Bar. Pier with fish (ask at the towel stand for food scraps to feed them). Spa. Beach. Floaty raft thing at the beach. Garden with birds & turtles. Ocean Breezes. Aaahhh.

, but it is also easy to just stay and enjoy the resort. Hammocks. Pools. Pool Bar. Pier with fish (ask at the towel stand for food scraps to feed them). Spa. Beach. Floaty raft thing at the beach. Garden with birds & turtles. Ocean Breezes. Aaahhh.

I agree it's a great hotel to hang out at, but if someone has never been to Puerto Rico I'd NEVER recommend they stay at the Caribe and not visit Old San Juan when they were so close......:rolleyes:

I agree it's a great hotel to hang out at, but if someone has never been to Puerto Rico I'd NEVER recommend they stay at the Caribe and not visit Old San Juan when they were so close......:rolleyes:

I don't think OttoCal was trying to discourage anyone from visiting Old San Juan at all. I think he was just pointing out all the nice things that are right there at the Caribe. As someone who was debating on whether or not to stay at this hotel, I for one appreciate it. We will just be sure to make time for both! :)

I don't think OttoCal was trying to discourage anyone from visiting Old San Juan at all. I think he was just pointing out all the nice things that are right there at the Caribe. As someone who was debating on whether or not to stay at this hotel, I for one appreciate it. We will just be sure to make time for both! :)

Maybe I mis-read the post. Would just hate to see someone visit PR and not experience Old San Juan:)