Dreamworks character breakfast

Hello RCL experts!

My extended family and I will be going on the Allure of the Seas from August 17 to 24th.

I was not able to get us reservations for the Dreamworks character breakfast, and have several questions which I was hoping someone could answer, as follows:

1. Do they fully book this breakfast before sailing, or could I still snag some spots upon boarding the ship?

2. If we are unable to go to the character breakfast, do they serve the same menu in the MDR for breakfast? What I am getting at here is that, even if we miss the character breakfast, can the kids still get the same menu items (i.e. chocolate chip pancakes and the like)? This would be a huge treat for them.

Thanks for any help you can give.

:)

Regarding the chocolate breakfast, it is usually available on at least one morning in the MDR to all guests. No reservations needed or taken. Ask your MDR waiter or headwaiter which day they plan to have it.

Edited by clarea

Hi, on the Oasis, they had 3 days of Character breakfast with diff characters at each one but same menu each day. We had a large group and I was able to get the reservation for 2 of the 3 days.

On Oasis, you can get the chocolate menu without the character breakfast - on the days of the character breakfast - just had to ask for it. The NON character breakfast people were on the opposite side of the dining room.

You can just show up at breakfast and ask if they have room on the character side. IF not, just go to the non character side and enjoy the chocolate goodies. The only thing you really miss is a photo opp at your table with the characters.

Hi sorry I am a newbie! Is this breakfast on every ship? Sailing Oasis to WC in December.

I believe Dreamworks is on Allure, Oasis, Freedom, Liberty, Mariner, and Voyager.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but do they have character breakfasts on the Allure and if so is there a surcharge?

Yes, they have character breakfasts on Allure. Last I heard they were charging adults $10, but the kids were still free.

Here's a character breakfast menu.

IMG_1627.jpg

My DW will be pleased by this, if I'd found out Toothless from "How to Train your Dragon" was going to be part of that... "Honey, I made a few changes to the cruise plans. Nothing major."

Yes, they have character breakfasts on Allure. Last I heard they were charging adults $10, but the kids were still free.

RCCI automatically reserved us (DH+20 month old daughter) for the character breakfast on our FOS Aug 17 cruise. :confused: . Either way sure my daughter will enjoy it!

OP, are you sure bookings are open right now?

They weren't open for our January cruise until really really close to it, and when I talked to Royal they said that they had been open but they were all full now. When they hadn't actually opened yet. :rolleyes:

So we went (when it was free, but the same menu as above), and that's when we found out that the food was awful and the service was really bad. And the whole thing was geared more for the preschool set; the group that probably shouldn't have seen Shrek yet...

We had to go to the Windjammer after our breakfast to eat some decent breakfast. We left most of our food just sitting there. (given what it took to get our server to take our order to begin with, we weren't going to ask him for MORE food)

• 2 weeks later...

I was to book yesterday morning for oasis leaving December 6 and there was no charge for two adults. Booked the morning of my birthday. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Rosesare

We are sailing on the Allure on August 24 and the TA called Royal Caribbean and was told that there would be no characters breakfasts on that cruise :(

I wonder if that's a mistake. Our 4-y old would so love them.

Don't worry. There will be plenty of opportunities for your little one to see and interact with the characters including parades (which are so much fun), shows and hanging out at specified times and areas which are listed in the daily cruise compass.

Enjoy!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

Signed up for the character breakfast on the Freedom (free) but it's at 7:30am!:eek:

I just had a LONG discussion with my kids on which day they want to do this and if they want to do it... because they would rather stay up and do Adventure Ocean and sleep till 10 then get up early. They decided the last sea day would be best because they have to go to bed early that night anyway since we get off the ship the next morning.