First time cruisers! ALLURE OF THE SEAS!

Ok so I've asked many questions and you guys are sooo much help! I have 2 questions today what is open dining and what's the best way to dine now I do have all of my shows booked already I sail on aug 31st for our honey moon all of the shows are booked for 9pm and later

My second question would be about the ship card can I use cash to load or do I have to have a credit card? Could I also use a debit card like an green dot? (I feel this would be the best way to budget how much we spend on cruise rather than use our bank card) being first time cruisers I guess we don't want to go over board because I know there's so many ways to spend money there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello

My first cruise was on the Allure. Had a blast. You will love it.

I assume by open dining you mean My Time Dining. With My Time Dining you don't have a specific time that you have to dine. You can basically go any time that they are open. Or you can make a reservation.

You can load the Sea Pass card with cash or secure it with a credit card. I agree that it may be best for your budget to use cash. I am not sure if you are allowed to charge over your cash balance.

I don't know much about the open dining but found this:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating

As for how you pay, everything you buy (from drinks to items in the shops) gets charged to your SeaPass card. You give it to them and they swipe it, kind of like a credit card. On the last day, you can go to the desk and pay however you would like (cash, credit card).

If you want to use cash for your onboard account, you don't have to preload it. Royal will allow you to charge up to $500 before they ask you to pay down the account.

With My Time Dining (MTD) you have the options of booking dining times or just showing up. You can book in advance for the week or book each day from your cabin. some who just show up report a small wait time for tables, generally 10-15 minutes. One advantage of booking dinner times in advance is you have a greater chance of having the same waitstaff each night at dinner. We usually book dinner around the shows and have had a good experience with MTD.

You can put cash on your Seapass card. There is a $500 max before they require you to contribute actual cash to the account, you basically can charge up to that amount before they cut you off and ask that you visit guest services to add money. I like the cash option because it forces me to stick to a budget. I usually go put down cash either when I board or at a time guest services is not busy, they are open 24 hour a day. The risk of using a debit card is they will sometimes put a hold on the account to ensure payment and some people have reported that they cannot access that money because of the hold.

Have a great cruise, I cannot wait for my allure cruise.

I would NOT use your Green Dot card...simply bring the cash. A hold will be placed on debit cards that can really affect your ability to use that card. Just bring cash. you can charge up to $500 before they ask for you to pay it down.

I would NOT use your Green Dot card...simply bring the cash. A hold will be placed on debit cards that can really affect your ability to use that card. Just bring cash. you can charge up to $500 before they ask for you to pay it down.

Ok thanks can I just put the amount I want to spend when I board the ship?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk