Low Prices end of Sept!

Vitality08

I routinely search for cruise with low or no single supplement just to see what's out there.

Yesterday a 7 day on the Conquest popped up for $279 leaving on Sept 28!!!! With taxes and fees the total would be $416! That's a 7 day as a solo. That deal seems to good to pass up.

I put it on 24 hour hold but haven't been able to to duplicate that price with subsequent mock bookings. What I have found though is that a few of the 7 days leaving that last week in September are deeply discounted compared to the weeks immediately before and after.

I'm wondering if that's considered to be height of hurrican season or what? Any ideas?

I have about 8 hours left to decide if I want to take the Conquest. I really want to go for it but now I'm a bit nervous about hurrican season.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Most all of our cruises have been during sept the ship captain will do his best to avoid bad weather. Most often they will change destination to avoid the storms . On all of our trips never had any issues

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

So what I'm hearing is GO FOR IT!!!!!

I want to go just for the price alone, plus all the port would be new to me although I also have a cruise booked for February where I was going to hit 3 or the 4 ports then so this cruise will be like a preview cruise...lol.

I think I'm gonna do it. I went to check out the roll call and it's pretty quiet over there.

You aint lyin. I booked an interior midship on the Breeze for September 27 and for like $550 each I thought we got a nice deal, considering the itinerary and ship. The price has since dropped to $379 (!) for our fare class for the 8 day sailing. So today we called our PVP to see what we could get considering the price dropped so much and they called us back to give us an upgrade to a cove balcony. Needless to say, I am thankful and very impressed with how they handled the situation. Kudos to them. Just crazy how much the prices are dropping systemwide this fall. A friend of mine got a special rate for like $450 per for a balcony for her and her family for the Breeze later this month also. Enjoy these low prices while they last folks.

We always cruise hurricane season and we have never missed a port. We are cruising September 20th this time. The ship can always navigate around a storm.

A few years ago, we cruised the week of Sept 18 I belive. Weather was perfect. There were storms the week before our cruise and the week after but our week was perfect. The crew kept telling us how lucky we were.:p

Most all of our cruises have been during sept the ship captain will do his best to avoid bad weather. Most often they will change destination to avoid the storms . On all of our trips never had any issues

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Yep, there's a lot of ocean out there and plenty of alternate places to go if there's a bad storm somewhere along your route. The ships have things called radars and the internet, so they can get weather reports and can see what is in front of them and navigate well around it. Carnival isn't going to cancel a trip just because of a storm unless it wrecks home port or something, just too much money on the line to do that. Enjoy.

Yep, those prices are crazy! I think I counted 8 or 9 different ships and itineraries that were available for less than $300/pp (before taxes & fees).:D

I wish we were able to book these - we are traveling with the in-laws and they have a very small window of availability. We are, however, watching the cruise we want very closely (end of October) and waiting to book when the price goes down. I check the prices twice a day (a.m. & p.m.) and I am willing to bet a $20 or $30 increase to snag a larger decrease, which I think I will see around the end of August / beginning of October.

A couple of weeks ago, we booked seven days on the Liberty for $319 for a balcony. Our daughter was $200-something. The week before it was $309, but we had to wait for vacation time approval from DH's work before booking and missed that price. It sets sail on Sept. 6. It was the only sailing for that ship and others around this time that was this cheap. Not sure why.

I routinely search for cruise with low or no single supplement just to see what's out there.

Yesterday a 7 day on the Conquest popped up for $279 leaving on Sept 28!!!! With taxes and fees the total would be $416! That's a 7 day as a solo. That deal seems to good to pass up.

I put it on 24 hour hold but haven't been able to to duplicate that price with subsequent mock bookings. What I have found though is that a few of the 7 days leaving that last week in September are deeply discounted compared to the weeks immediately before and after.

I'm wondering if that's considered to be height of hurrican season or what? Any ideas?

I have about 8 hours left to decide if I want to take the Conquest. I really want to go for it but now I'm a bit nervous about hurrican season.

Yes its the height of the hurricane season.

I was checking out some Groupon deals on the MSC line. The ship is gorgeous with an infinity pool and a bowling alley, etc, etc. There were two sailings to pick from starting at 299 for 7 nights. They are both Sept. sailing dates out of Miami. Another one was a 2 nt with Celebrity for 199 out of West Palm Beach to GBI (I know we all love Nassau!). This one could be taken up until 1/15/15 I believe.

There are definitely some low rates this time of year (of course, there were lots of exclusions on the Celebrity for popular weekends and holidays).

We booked our Alaska 4k (obstructed french door interior) for four including fees and grats only 2,700 for 8 nt Glacier Bay in May 15. CCL can't be beat for price and value.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So what I'm hearing is GO FOR IT!!!!!

I want to go just for the price alone, plus all the port would be new to me although I also have a cruise booked for February where I was going to hit 3 or the 4 ports then so this cruise will be like a preview cruise...lol.

I think I'm gonna do it. I went to check out the roll call and it's pretty quiet over there.

So, did you do it??

you can always buy travel insurance....I don't let possible weather issues ever bother me when I book I book for the deals so I know it may end up with a bit of a issue...How ever when you book at premium times of the year there still can be issues

ever when you book at premium times of the year there still can be issues

Yup, just sailed during the week of the 4th of July (probably the most expensive week of the summer), and sure enough, that's when hurricane Arthur decided to pop up and alter our itinerary and cancel one port of call :mad:.

We still had a wonderful time but it made me think that if I'm going to deal with hurricane issues, I better be paying hurricane prices, not 4th of July ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well we liked it enough to be booked on this one. Awesome itinerary that hopefully we will get to.

Another one was a 2 nt with Celebrity for 199 out of West Palm Beach to GBI (I know we all love Nassau!). This one could be taken up until 1/15/15 I believe.

There are definitely some low rates this time of year (of course, there were lots of exclusions on the Celebrity for popular weekends and holidays).

I believe this is the Bahamas Celebration ship. Celebrity Cruise Lines does not sail from West Palm Beach. And I don't believe Celebrity does Groupon deals.

http://www.bahamascelebration.com/About-Celebration-Cruise-Line.html

What an excellent deal on the Conquest. If I had more flexibility with time off work, I would never book far in advance and just wait for a last minute deal like this one. Oh well, maybe next year I will be retired:D

I believe this is the Bahamas Celebration ship. Celebrity Cruise Lines does not sail from West Palm Beach. And I don't believe Celebrity does Groupon deals.

http://www.bahamascelebration.com/About-Celebration-Cruise-Line.html

Yes, you are right. I was wondering about Celebrity cruising from West Palm while I hurriedly read thru the Groupon. We only sailed with them once out of Newark to Bermuda.

The Celebration has a 4/5 rating by CC members (I think it was only 252 reviews, LOL, but still a good amount). Thanks for letting me know I misread the Groupon. I enjoyed looking at the MSC infinity pool; wish CCL would do an infinity pool!

So, did you do it??

No, sadly, I didn't do it. I actually entered all my credit card information but I just had a nagging feeling I just couldn't shake so I decided against it. It wasn't so much hurricane season that was bothering me but more so the savings goals I set for myself that would make it harder to achieve taking a cruise right now....even one as cheap as this one.

I said to myself though, if the price pops up again I'll take it as a sign that it's meant for me to go.:p

Vitality08! Always listen to your gut instinct! It was not the right time for you to cruise. You made the best and right decision. I have done as you, and it has now been four years since my last cruise. ( I have vacationed in between, but just not been able to cruise, since I have added expense of airfare, and hotel). At least you know that when you are ready, you will be ready. Hang in there, and your opportunity will come up.

No, sadly, I didn't do it. I actually entered all my credit card information but I just had a nagging feeling I just couldn't shake so I decided against it. It wasn't so much hurricane season that was bothering me but more so the savings goals I set for myself that would make it harder to achieve taking a cruise right now....even one as cheap as this one.

I said to myself though, if the price pops up again I'll take it as a sign that it's meant for me to go.:p

That's good you listened to your instincts...they are usually right. We like to pay our cruises off in advance of boarding, including most excursions (or paying cash for them), so I understand the financial part of your reasoning; we have always been savers and pay our cards off monthly. As our domain has changed (living near the mountains vs living coastal), so has our typical vacation. Used to love staying in cabins and tubing down creeks- now we island/port hop! GL with your next cruise purchase. Make it a special one.