First time cruiser

My husband and I will be doing the south bound passage in Alaska on the Grand Princess next June. I have a few questions about What they supply in the rooms, like irons, robes? What to take as clothes for the ship cruise. We have a 4 day land tour before the cruise. Just looking to keep our luggage at a minimum.

How are the Laundry services?

My husband and I will be doing the south bound passage in Alaska on the Grand Princess next June. I have a few questions about What they supply in the rooms, like irons, robes? What to take as clothes for the ship cruise. We have a 4 day land tour before the cruise. Just looking to keep our luggage at a minimum.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Robes - yes.

Irons - Not in cabins (fire hazard), but in the self service laundry rooms there are irons for passenger use. No charge.

Clothes - days = shorts, t-shirt, etc.

Evening - Non formal nights - slacks, polo shirt, etc, No Shorts

Formal Nights - most men where at least a jacket.

Actually, for Alaska in June, I would pass on the shorts and take capris and long pants. Long pants especially the days you are cruising the glaciers. Temps might be in the 40s in Glacier Bay, with the breeze. Buy a souvenir sweatshirt. EM

I would definitely recommend that you plan your wardrobe with layering in mind. That way you can add or remove items as the weather dictates. When we did Alaska in 2009, I wore long-sleeve t-shirts with a sweatshirt/hoodie over that, then a fleece jacket, and then a raincoat. And I brought (and wore!) gloves. We sailed the last week of June in 2009 and encountered a rain/snow mix as we ported in Juneau!

Alaska was very beautiful. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Alaska -- have cruised it all months. And it is a rare occasion to be able to wear shorts every day. We do take just one pair each.

Plan on dressing in layers -- we have gortex jackets with zippered linings. We also take water proof shoes and small portable umbrellas. Rain ponchos are also a good idea.

There are no irons, but a laundry room, Robes a yes. Pack for all type of weather.

• 3 months later...