NY Times: Barcelona's Top Dining, Changing, Evolving!!??

TLCOhio

From the New York Times Sunday travel section coming tomorrow morning, they have this headline: "A Taste of Barcelona’s Evolving Dining Scene".

Here are a few of the key story highlights: "Conventional wisdom has it that dining out in Barcelona means bouncing from one Michelin-starred restaurant to the next. But as the Spanish economy has suffered in recent years, the fine-dining scene has hit its share of road bumps. That has led to the emergence of a new restaurant scene, where accessibility is favored over lavish ingredients, but with creativity remaining as the driving force — still drawing from, and reimagining, the great traditions of Catalan cuisine. The big names remain, but are offering meals in more modest settings — and at relatively lower prices — that are less about providing once-in-a-lifetime experiences than just consistently great ones."

This is an interesting story to consider with many very good options to evaluate and try. Their writer's bottom line?: "Many feared the recession might destroy the city’s culinary superstardom; instead, those challenges have helped breathe new life into it."

We super loved Barcelona. Many details and visuals about Barcelona are shared from the live/blog connected below.

Full story at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/03/travel/a-taste-of-barcelonas-evolving-dining-scene.html?ref=travel&_r=0

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 179,189 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

From the New York Times Sunday travel section coming tomorrow morning, they have this headline: "A Taste of Barcelona’s Evolving Dining Scene".

Here are a few of the key story highlights: "Conventional wisdom has it that dining out in Barcelona means bouncing from one Michelin-starred restaurant to the next. But as the Spanish economy has suffered in recent years, the fine-dining scene has hit its share of road bumps. That has led to the emergence of a new restaurant scene, where accessibility is favored over lavish ingredients, but with creativity remaining as the driving force — still drawing from, and reimagining, the great traditions of Catalan cuisine. The big names remain, but are offering meals in more modest settings — and at relatively lower prices — that are less about providing once-in-a-lifetime experiences than just consistently great ones."

This is an interesting story to consider with many very good options to evaluate and try. Their writer's bottom line?: "Many feared the recession might destroy the city’s culinary superstardom; instead, those challenges have helped breathe new life into it."

We super loved Barcelona. Many details and visuals about Barcelona are shared from the live/blog connected below.

Full story at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/03/travel/a-taste-of-barcelonas-evolving-dining-scene.html?ref=travel&_r=0

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 179,189 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Terry, just want to send a big THANK YOU for sharing your vast knowledge with me last year as a nervous traveler heading to the Med for the first time. Thanks to you, your words of encouragement and fabulous photos gave me the confidence need to book the trip of a lifetime. Most notable were your Ephesus photos. When we arrived, it was exactly as you had described.

Thanks again from me and my grateful family.

Terry, just want to send a big THANK YOU for sharing your vast knowledge with me last year as a nervous traveler heading to the Med for the first time. Thanks to you, your words of encouragement and fabulous photos gave me the confidence need to book the trip of a lifetime. Most notable were your Ephesus photos. When we arrived, it was exactly as you had described. Thanks again from me and my grateful family.

Appreciate so much your kind comments and follow-up. Glad I was able to help. Yes, Ephesus is wonderful and world-class. Keep up your traveling. Where are you headed with your future trips/cruises, next great adventure? How about Australia/NZ as outlined below?

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 69,408 views for this fun posting.

Appreciate so much your kind comments and follow-up. Glad I was able to help. Yes, Ephesus is wonderful and world-class. Keep up your traveling. Where are you headed with your future trips/cruises, next great adventure? How about Australia/NZ as outlined below?

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 69,408 views for this fun posting.

Terry, looking forward to reading all about it. Sadly, this in not in the cards right now.

My vacation is somewhat limited with my employer . The Med cruise was a stretch for me.

My next cruise is back to the Caribbean on the new Quantum of the Seas but we are planning to return to Europe on 2016.

You and a few others on these boards are so helpful and inspiring that it gave me the impetuous to see all this beautiful world has to offer.

Thanks again!