Has anyone stayed in Summit's Sweet 16's recently?

OceanBlue123

A older, revived thread about bedbugs has a few posters that claim they recently had bedbugs in their Summit cabins. The newer posts start on page 2.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1196837

I am not sure if I should be worried as each of those posters seem to have only come to Cruise Critic to complain about this one issue. So far, the specific cabins claimed to have the bugs (and the total number of posts made by each poster) are:

2160 – 3 posts (1 roll call, then 2 bedbug thread posts)

6023 – 1 post

6037 – 6 posts (all 6 in bedbug thread)

6023 is a port side Sweet 16 and 6037 is next to the last Sweet 16.

Has anyone else here at CC been in a Summit Sweet 16 recently? I will be sailing soon and am both worried, and skeptical, about this.

Edited by OceanBlue123

I dunno -- that thread has credibility issues, as far as I'm concerned. It was started four years ago, by a relatively new poster, who was simply asking a question. Then, it was resurrected earlier this year by a person who only had one post at the time. If you check, that person has a total of six posts -- all on that thread. Not to say that they didn't have a problem -- but a real "bedbug" outbreak most likely would have been widely reported. Many posters on this board have sailed Summit dozens of times, and there have been no credible reports that I have read about any bedbug infestations on Summit (or any other X ship). Not to say that it can't happen -- I just don't see any real evidence of it.

I just don't get why a brand new poster would come to Cruise Critic to post about bedbugs and then BLAMMO no more postings. And resurrecting a 4 year old thread? Just a bit off IMHO. Either someone actually had the issue (i don't know, I wasn't there) or someone has an axe to grind. I'm in 6131 later this month and am I concerned? hmmmmm I guess the teeniest tiniest bit.

Even on the outside chance the bedbug reports were accurate (doubtful) they would have been rapidly taken care of so they did not spread to the rest of the ship. I would not worry. If it would make you feel better, thoroughly inspect your mattress and furniture the day you arrive for any signs and in the extremely unlikely event you see any, report them immediately.

We have stayed on Summit Starboard 3X in the past 3 years. No bedbugs. When I stay in a hotel or ship, we look under the mattress for spots or bugs. I have never found any on 14 cruises - hope I never do! If ever I do, I am gone.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, time to put this issue to bed. This past week my group had 5 of those port side sweet sixteens on the Summit and ... No bed bugs! Sleep easy my friends.

Thanks for the reassuring report! :cool:

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the .... oh no, let's not even go there! ;)