What ship is Godwin(Head Waiter)on now?

bonniejk

We have cruised several times on Princess when Godwin has been the Head Waiter in Anytime Dining. I know he was on the Emerald, the Caribbean, and then he was in the South Pacific, but not sure where he is now. We will be on the Regal Transatlantic in October and I wondered if perhaps he might be on the Regal now.

Edited by bonniejk

We have cruised several times on Princess when Godwin has been the Head Waiter in Anytime Dining. I know he was on the Emerald, the Caribbean, and then he was in the South Pacific, but not sure where he is now. We will be on the Regal Transatlantic in October and I wondered if perhaps he might be on the Regal now.

Awhile back I had heard that he is with Generoso in Asia on the Sun.

That was a year or 2 ago.

I smile every time I see a post about "Where's Godwin?". He was our Head Waiter a few years ago on the Emerald, met us the first night in Anytime and remembered us by name the rest of the cruise! What a Star! We miss him.

Talk about consummate host! Godwin and Generoso (as well as Chef Guiseppe) made me feel like true royalty in the Baltics on the Emerald in 2012. We paid for an guaranteed interior cabin and got treated like we were staying in the Owner's Suite. Really nice people.

I think Godwin and Generoso are always together. And usually so is Rui. But Rui has separated from them. Anyone know his whereabouts. He is awesome too!

If I can't have G&G, maybe I can still have Rui!

We are on the Emerald in 2013 when we first met Godwin. He was wonderful and even assisted us with an issue in a department other than dining. Generoso was not on that sailing.

I think Godwin and Generoso are always together. And usually so is Rui. But Rui has separated from them. Anyone know his whereabouts. He is awesome too!

If I can't have G&G, maybe I can still have Rui!

Rui Pereira was Maitre d' on the Island last month.

Edited by H2Go

Every cruise that we have had with Princess we have been lucky enough to have both Godwin and Generoso. Each and every time after our first cruise they knew us by name, knew our preferred dining time and table for two preference without prompting. Our upcoming cruises on the Caribbean Princess and Ruby Princess will be our first without them - hoping for similar success with new folks.

• 2 months later...
Any update on Godwin's whereabouts? Sailing on The CB in February and wondering if he will be on The Regal by then...should switch ships if he is!

He was in charge of the Crown Grille on the Ruby last month. I asked him if he knew he was famous on Cruise Critic, he said he had heard rumors.. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

We have sailed with Godwin three times in the past. We just returned from the Grand to Hawaii and we ran into him. He was so happy to see us. Lots of hugs. He has been promoted and is now behind the scenes. He is in charge of all the eating venues on the ship, scheduling the servers and checking on the service and food in each venue. He's very busy and said he misses the interaction he had with the passengers. When he is out and about he searches for passengers he knew from past sailings. We saw him every day, but he didn't have much time to visit with us. We will miss him in the forefront. He asked me to send his warm regards to all those who know him.