Aft balcony on Legend!

ldarcy

I have biked an Aft balcony on the Legend for our Alaska cruise next year...this is our first aft cabin!

Can someone tell me if the people above us will be looking into our balcony? I love to stand at the rail but not if I'm being watched!

Also, will I be looking down onto the ocean or onto the deck below me? Our stateroom is #4232.

Thanks!

Ldarcy

The aft cabins on Main look straight down. They have more overhang that the ones on the higher decks. This is good for when it's both too hot and when it may be raining.

I had 4230 on Miracle way back in Dec 2009 on an 8-night to Panama and Costa Rica and loved it.

I had 4232 on Pride in May and while I loved having the balcony (only my 3rd ever), that one had some serious vibration issues.

There's always going to be some shaking back there, but the first and last nights on Pride, it was really bad, the last night especially. Don't know if it's because we were moving more slowing through the bay, but it was literally like someone shaking me to wake me, over and over and over. I had a 6 hr drive home the next morning, and I had a horrible night's sleep.

It may not be like that all the time or on the other Spirit-class ships. Or it may have had something to do with the propulsion issues Pride had just before we sailed, but I personally won't book one of those cabins again, although - other than that - they're wonderful!

Just a heads-up that you may have issues. But you may not at all. Helpful, aren't I? :p

we leave next Sunday (YIKES!!) on Miracle.. we have cabins 4228, 4237, and 4230 ..(two vista suites and a balcony).. we have had them before.. IMHO, you have chosen the best deck on the ship, and you are going to have a great time!

It depends on you deck.

Any of aft balcony cabins on the decks 4-7 people will be able to see part of your balcony because of the shape of the ship (see pics below of the pride/spirit which are sister ships). However an aft cabin on deck 8 panorama (very top) is hidden from those above as you can see.

IMG_4876.jpg

16638.jpg

Not fully covered. If I stood at the rail and turned around and looked up, I could see people above me. Just. It is way more covered than the higher decks, but not 100%.

You can see in that 2nd pic that the dividers have a slight angle - not nearly so much as those above them, but it is there.

Still, if you want cover, Main is the deck you want to be on. I had originally booked higher on Miracle but way back then, there was a long thread about Spirit-class aft cabins and the comments about how very hot it gets back there made me change. After all, we were sailing to Panama and Costa Rica. It was December, but it still got very, very hot back there.

On the way down, though, we had a day of rough weather (and diverted around the western side of Cuba rather than eastern). I was able to pull my chair right up sideways against the cabin window and sit out there to get the fresh air but (mostly) out of the rain.

For Alaska, I guess it depends on whether you want protection from possible wet weather or want more sun when available.

Sorry for the late reply... but thanks to everyone who answered! I think it's going to be an awesome cabin and I'm so thrilled I was able to book it! I'm SO looking forward to this trip!

Thanks again!

ldarcy

We had 4239 on the Spirit to Alaska a couple of years ago. Loved the larger balcony and I don't remember anyone looking over at us. One morning I went out for coffee and there was someone right below (a crew member) putting the flag out - it startled me for just a second. We got this room as a upgrade from the fairy - they called us the morning before we left - we had originally a 7A. I would absolutely love to have another extended aft balcony - but it would have to be when I would use the balcony alot. We did on this cruise - spent alot of time wrapped up in blankies watching the scenery going by - it was excellent!

This all sound amazing and I'm glad I booked this room! The noise won't bother me a bit, I can sleep through anything! Sitting in blankies watching the scenery go by sounds awesome!

I really appreciate the feedback from people who have stayed in this room before me!

Thanks!

I'm interested to see how you like it. We have an aft balcony on the legend also but in 7300. Does that mean my balcony is not covered? Our PVP indicated it was...

Really hope it isn't a bad room!

I'm interested to see how you like it. We have an aft balcony on the legend also but in 7300. Does that mean my balcony is not covered? Our PVP indicated it was...

Hi, we had 7237 on Spirit and it was fantastic. Yes level 8 can see you if you are standing on the railing but cannot see you if you are seated etc. We have booked the same room for the TA from LA to Sydney in 17 days time as we loved the room.

Regards

AussieDale

It is not covered. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/kellywhitehills/6264balcony.jpg

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/17/org/16907.JPG

Edited by serene56