Beer on Classic Package

Chooz2Cruz

2 things......the contents of the drinks package is ALWAYS subject to change. Always has been always will be. I have never received one as a perk as yet, meaning I paid for it and accepted the above state my as given.

Secondly, of course they want you to upgrade. They are in the business of making money.

In my case, it is not for me.....I purchased the cruise for a gift to my son and his fiance for an engagement gift. I did not want to have him have to pay anything for the trip. The classic package seemed good for them at the time, and now it does not. I have already spent alot on all of this, and now I have to cough up another couple of hundred dollars so he will be able to enjoy beer. Me, personally, I upgrade my package, because I want to try lots of different drinks, but to upgrade just for beer is really not worth it!

2 things......the contents of the drinks package is ALWAYS subject to change. Always has been always will be. I have never received one as a perk as yet, meaning I paid for it and accepted the above state my as given.

Secondly, of course they want you to upgrade. They are in the business of making money.

Subject to change yes, but to go from 19 beers to 2, that I would not of expected.

I'll say it again, upgrade for $11,50/day, it's a no brainer IMO, no more questionning about is it cover or not...

May I have your credit card number and the okay to charge $ 644.00 US for the next 4 weeks of cruises I have booked? :cool: That'll make it a no-brainer! :p

Nothing easier than spending someone else's money eh?:eek:

BTW the thing I can't believe isn't on the classic package is O'Doul's non alcoholic beer... It was as recently as this past January.

Come on Celebrity on what planet does NOT including O'Doul's non alcoholic beer on the basic Classic package make ANY sense at all?

Edited by A Sixth?

Two reasons….there is residual alcohol in it, even though it is listed as NA, and it is distributed by beer distributors, and is part of the bar inventory.

Come on... that's your answer? :rolleyes:

Since inception, O'Doul's non alcoholic beer has been included as part of the classic package, suddenly as of this spring it's listed as a Premium item.

Why the change?

BTW I drink, I just don't like getting buzzed before dinner (maybe a bit after.. :p) so enjoy O'Doul's non alcoholic beer in the afternoon, as does my wife. But until B1G gives me his Credit info I don't feel like spending $23.00 a day for the times we want an O'Doul's non alcoholic beer

Edited by A Sixth?

19 to 2???? Source please.

Try reading post #15, I found this on another thread. It includes menus that show the prices of most of the beers are now over $6.50, eliminating them from the classic.

And yes, I agree, it is ridiculous that non-alcholic beer is not on the classic alcohol pacage. and is on premium Alch.

Come on... that's your answer? :rolleyes:

Since inception, O'Doul's non alcoholic beer has been included as part of the classic package, suddenly as of this spring it's listed as a Premium item.

Why the change?

BTW I drink, I just don't like getting buzzed before dinner (maybe a bit after.. :p) so enjoy O'Doul's non alcoholic beer in the afternoon, as does my wife. But until B1G gives me his Credit info I don't feel like spending $23.00 a day for the times we want an O'Doul's non alcoholic beer

Bring O'Doul's in your luggage...

Try reading post #15, I found this on another thread. It includes menus that show the prices of most of the beers are now over $6.50, eliminating them from the classic.

And yes, I agree, it is ridiculous that non-alcholic beer is not on the classic alcohol pacage. and is on premium Alch.

There is no way of knowing 1) When the list was in use and 2) where the list was in use. There was a period in May when Celebrity seriously miscalculated passenger's reactions to a large number of price increases which resulted in a large number of exclusions from the Classic. Following a mini revolt, many of the selections were re-priced to ensure Classic eligibility. As for the "where", when in Europe, the prices are approximately 15% higher to reflect the inclusion of the service charge. (and yes I do see the fine print that says 15% will be added - this gaffe was well documented earlier this year). I suggest you give Celebrity some credit and assume that the list they provided is representative of what is available. BTW, here is a list from the Solstice in May in Alaska which shows different prices again to what is shown on Gambee's post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042016

(having said all this, I agree with others that the upgrade is more than worth it)

Edited by wpgcycler

On the Summit a couple weeks ago, Heineken & Corona were included on the classic package in addition to Bud, Miller & Coors. My husband and I upgraded, and thoroughly enjoyed the DogFish Head 90 minute IPA.

Thanks for this 'newer' news! Because of the good beers I can get in ports, I think I'll be ok with Heineken, etc, LOL! I can see how a lot of people would be mad if they got on board thinking they were going to get what was on the list when they booked (like me) and then discovered the 'current' lineup, that would be a big surprise!

By far the biggest beer usage on the Classic was Heineken, followed by Corona

I personally tried all of the ones listed below having the classic package

Beers

Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Lite, San Miguel, Tiger, Estrella Damm Lager, Heineken, Leffe, Corona, Corona Light

John Smith's Extra Smooth, Marston's Pedigree Ale

The below ones were out of stock, however Magners cider was provided instead of Strongbow still on the classic package.

Miller Lite, Franziskaner, Strongbow,Heineken Light,

The Alaskan ones were not available, presumably because we went no where near Alaska!

Alaskan Amber, Alaskan Brewing Pale Ale, Alaskan Brewing IPA

Plenty of choice, but no draft available within the classic package, in fact didnt see any draft served all cruise!

On Connie now. Definitely more than Miller/Bud with classic package. Been enjoying Corona and Leffe. There are other beers available as well. At our stop in wernemunde they also brought on 4-5 local beers and all were available on the classic package.

On Connie now. Definitely more than Miller/Bud with classic package. Been enjoying Corona and Leffe. There are other beers available as well. At our stop in wernemunde they also brought on 4-5 local beers and all were available on the classic package.

Thanks for the info!

Where did you read/hear that? Not true.....I did a search and came

up with this:

Classic Package

Beers

Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, Franziskaner, Strongbow, San Miguel, Tiger, Estrella Damm Lager, Heineken Light, Heineken, Leffe, Corona, Corona Light

Alaska- Alaskan Amber, Alaskan Brewing Pale Ale, Alaskan Brewing IPA

UK - John Smith's Extra Smooth, Marston's Pedigree Ale

The new list I just saw, this list isn't close.

I've been researching and I saw bud, colors, miller, corona, Heineken and a few others. No real imports and no handcrafted. Those are priced fifty cents over the limit. With all of the misinformation here, I'm going to board, check it out for myself (including super limited wine selection) and be prepared to upgrade.

What a PITA. Something simple, made hard.

The new list I just saw, this list isn't close.

I've been researching and I saw bud, colors, miller, corona, Heineken and a few others. No real imports and no handcrafted. Those are priced fifty cents over the limit. With all of the misinformation here, I'm going to board, check it out for myself (including super limited wine selection) and be prepared to upgrade.

What a PITA. Something simple, made hard.

See post #47 above... someone onboard NOW. Unless he is just joshing us, which I don't believe