Where to find map of cabins sold and unsold?

rjack22

What website can I go to view a map of the deck plans showing available cabins and those already sold?

On the Princess site nothing comes up because evidently all that is available in a particular location and catagory are guarantees. Is there another site that shows available cabins or sold cabins?

What website can I go to view a map of the deck plans showing available cabins and those already sold?

On the Princess site nothing comes up because evidently all that is available in a particular location and catagory are guarantees. Is there another site that shows available cabins or sold cabins?

There is no place where you can get an accurate showing of available cabins as some cabins are held by Princess/travel agents/passengers.

What are you trying to find?

It may be tedious, but I usually search the on-line web site as a new reservation (without completing the booking) to see what cabins are sold and which are still available. I don't know of any other way.

I agree and think that would be the only way to do it.:(

Log into the Princess website. Find the cruise that you want under "plan a cruise". Expand it to see the details. In the upper right click on the "save to my cruises". When you go to My Princess and log in click on the "you have X saved cruises" on the left. This saves you from having to search the cruises each time that you want to look at this cruise. Click the orange button that says "update price". It will turn blue and say "details and availability". Click on that. Click the "I'll choose my own stateroom". Choose the cabin category and location. Click on the deck level that you want. Repeat for every cabin category and location that you want to see.

Tedious? Yes. Accurate? Not really. One cruise that I wanted to check on looked like it was almost sold out as the days went on. Then, less than three weeks before sailing, all of a sudden there were over 100 cabins available. And that was just the balconies which was what I wanted to know about.

Edited by ar1950

A bit academic, but this is a partly a computing science problem. If you were Princess and sold a guarantee of a Obstructed Ocean View or better, which of those cabins do you marked sold? If you marked all sold and some buyer does NOT want a change and would buy but only as 'no upgrade', they would see all sold.

Also, numbers of cabins have been 'sold' with a refundable deposit. Those could vanish at any moment and many will. Princess can not risk loosing that sale by saying the cabin is already gone.

Building a sold/unsold map for customers would be an impossible task for a programmer to meet the needs of Princess who is really the client.

My 3 cents Canadian.

M

Building a sold/unsold map for customers would be an impossible task for a programmer to meet the needs of Princess who is really the client.

My 3 cents Canadian.

M

It already exists. That is what I described how to look at.

Also, numbers of cabins have been 'sold' with a refundable deposit. Those could vanish at any moment and many will. Princess can not risk loosing that sale by saying the cabin is already gone.

Actually the minute you make a booking for a specific cabin it shows up as sold. It doesn't even matter that you haven't made a deposit. Try it. Go to the Princess website. Pick a cruise, make a booking (don't worry you won't be stuck with it as you aren't making a deposit). Check and you will see that the cabin is marked sold. Watch a couple of days until the deposit deadline passes and it won't re-open until after that deadline passes.

Edited by ar1950

Another fun exercise is a long cruise with several segments. Princess will show blocks of cabins on one or more segments as sold as they juggle to fill them. For example: a Panama Cruise with embarkation in Vancouver, San Francisco, and Los Angeles or a transatlantic with embarkation in St. Petersburg, Copenhagen, and Berlin.

I would think you can look up every category by doing a mock booking...but before final payment date, it won't tell you how many cabins are being held by travel agents. Plus there are people putting deposits on cabins, but can still change their mind before final payment. After that date, cabins will be release, some passengers will discover they can't go (maybe covered by travel insurance, maybe they have to eat the fare).

I think cabin availability is a fluid situation, at least until just weeks before the sailing date.

Why would any cruise company give out this information? The certainly would not do it to make a potential passenger's booking options easier to find out. How could an independent site get this information?

Just pick the category that you are interested in and then pick a cabin.

DON

Why would any cruise company give out this information? The certainly would not do it to make a potential passenger's booking options easier to find out. How could an independent site get this information?

Just pick the category that you are interested in and then pick a cabin.

DON

The information is on the Princess website and found as described in post #6 above (if that is the information that you are asking why a cruise company would give out).

Some of us use the info to track a cruise that we are interested in and it is currently priced a bit over what our budget will allow. Sometimes if there are many cabins available there will be a sale when it is getting close to the cruise date. If that happens then there is an opportunity to go on the cruise. :cool:

If what you really want to know is how well a cabin category is selling, and all that comes up when you do a mock booking is 'guarantees', then it's a pretty safe bet that the cabins are selling pretty well. That doesn't mean that there aren't a few left, possibly with TA's, but most cabins will have been booked. There is a UK travel site (can't name) that supposedly lists all available cabins, but they probably don't know what TA's have blocked either.

Edited by Kartgv

I also agree that there's no real way to tell, especially since bookings can change by the second. It's also proprietary information and I'm pretty sure that none of the cruise lines give out this info.

OP, book the cabin you'd be happy with. I'm sure that her question had something to do with the likelihood of a free upgrade, and as we know, there's absolutely no way of knowing this even if a certain category of cabins is or not selling well.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise